question about Yin Style Baguazhang training

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: question about Yin Style Baguazhang training

Postby fuels on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm

A component of the strikes is a substantial counter-force; this counter-force —as I'll call it— manifests through the bulk of one's body and harbors a dropping of —for lack of a better word— "energy" producing a heavy and violent jolt felt throughout the body far more so than in the skull itself. I'm suggesting that despite what may be perceived as an action damaging the brain is, in fact not the case. Mine is but an anecdotal account regarding the nature of YSB strikes.
If anyone cares to discuss this particular post contact me privately.
fuels
Santi

Postby Tom on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 pm

fuels wrote:A component of the strikes is a substantial counter-force; this counter-force —as I'll call it— manifests through the bulk of one's body and harbors a dropping of —for lack of a better word— "energy" producing a heavy and violent jolt felt throughout the body far more so than in the skull itself. I'm suggesting that despite what may be perceived as an action damaging the brain is, in fact not the case. Mine is but an anecdotal account regarding the nature of YSB strikes.
If anyone cares to discuss this particular post contact me privately.

Anyone interested in following up would benefit from talking with Richard via PM. He's been training YSB for more than 20 years (and as far as I can tell in conversation does not show brain damage 8-). From what I've observed, he is an excellent coach and teacher.

I've heard and seen this "sinking" counter-force demonstrated and worked on it personally to a limited extent; the skill takes particular coordination developed out of long practice and patient correction.
Those who have tempered themselves do not fear encountering tigers. -- Lao Tzu
Tom
Administrator

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:02 am

I know about noting of BGZ but like to read what’s written here so a little pity if the thread is steered into to PM’s
Trick
Wuji

Postby Tom on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:48 am

That's how fuels asked to be contacted. Any YSB practitioner who wants to post on the public thread is welcome to do so.
Those who have tempered themselves do not fear encountering tigers. -- Lao Tzu
Tom
Administrator

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan