Trul Khor experiences

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Trul Khor experiences

Postby Peacedog on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:43 am

I don't have a huge data set to work with, but the Tibetan style teachers I've met tend to be pretty open regarding what they teach in terms of technique. Now finding someone who will teach is another thing. Also, from the little I've seen, much like the Chinese, they don't teach much in the way of foundational practice. So, if you haven't developed your clairsentience (subtle sense of touch)/clairvoyance/ability to hold posture/etc. that basic training is up to you. Unlike a lot of other groups, they do fully explain the technique being instructed however.

As for the sex scandals it is to be expected and I think a cultural sticking point between the Chinese and Tibetans. Karmamudra, or meditative sexual practice, is an integrated part of the Six Yogas of Naropa. If this is a part of your system, people will abuse it.

Also, unlike the Chinese and Thai systems, the greatest practitioners of the Tibetan systems were yogis like Milarepa and Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche were not monks. Rinpoche in particular was married and had two daughters.

I've stated this elsewhere, but I personally believe the monastic orders are, in part, an intentional effort on the part of host societies to literally breed out people who have a natural affinity for this kind of thing. They are a trap as in "look you can practice all you want, but you don't get to have children."

The fact that the Japanese and Tibet systems tend to produce as many magicians as they do would seem to support this supposition, but it could just be a sample size issue. FWIW, I've never met a mainland Chinese, or Thai, practitioner out of a monastic order who was all that good in terms of the meditative/yogic game. Overseas Chinese where the monastic orders break down are a different story.

Also, the ridiculous training timelines for meeting certain yogic developmental timelines in the monastic orders don't jive with what I've seen outside of those amongst people who actually did the work. I've met far more "enlightened" people in martial arts circles than I ever did in monasteries.
Last edited by Peacedog on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:09 am

Just as an aside...try to say Trul Khor 3 times fast.

...it's difficult, is it not?

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 am

Don't look in the mirror at the same time Shawn. You will invoke a demon.
I owe you nothing - Bros.
Heretics podcast | The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 am

GrahamB wrote:Don't look in the mirror at the same time Shawn. You will invoke a demon.

Are you learning Chinese Black Magic from Jerry Alan Johnson, Graham? Turn towards the light, yo!

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan