MMA Training in Siberia

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

MMA Training in Siberia

Postby johnwang on Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 pm

We do have to respect the modern training. Your thought?

Last edited by johnwang on Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Re: MMA Training in Siberia

Postby Trick on Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Now I just read ‘Siberia’ and ‘modern training’. But as we remember Mr.Balboa was all TAB(traditional American boxing) and Drago was MRB(modern Russian Boxing)......that’s what came to my mind ....+.....In the 80’s I took a hike on the trans-siberian train. During the brief stops the train did I went outside to practice some Karate katas(forms), at one of those stops two guys on the other side of the track caught my attention by doing thumbs down and began shadow boxing as of showing the real deal stuff. The train was about to leave so I made thumbs up and waved goodbye to the boxers 8-)
Trick

Postby dspyrido on Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 pm

johnwang wrote:We do have to respect the modern training. Your thought?

It's not really modern other than using a rubber car tyre or a timer but not that modern.

It is good to sweat and train the body physically. It's bad to do it in a way that Tom mentions "cross fit" style ie timed intervals, higher reps, more weight and the belief that linear growth is humanly possible.

Doing the same exercises controlled, with a spot if heavy or using guides and within tolerances is the way to go.

Otherwise we end up with

dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 am

Saw an documentary years ago about Alexander Karelin. It was his birthday and one of his wrestling mates called him to come outside to share a bottle of vodka and a cake, so there they stood outside in the snowy, icy, freezing cold eating cake and drinking vodka, then it was off to the gym.

And a while ago I saw a video clip where a DaiXinYiquan teacher invited to teach some Russians. In between the working on the squatting practice the Russian students refreshed themselves and the teacher with glasses of vodka.

I’ll guess vodka belongs to the traditional part of the practice 8-)
Trick

Postby bartekb on Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 am

We do have to respect the modern training. Your thought?

why copy random people when you can copy the best?
bartekb
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan