No more martial arts “masters” in China

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: No more martial arts “masters” in China

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:13 pm

yeniseri wrote:
nicklinjm wrote:Hmmm - did you learn this in Beijing / from a Beijing teacher? If so it's probably from the Gao Ruizhou branch of Li style - he taught a lot of students in Beijing.

I learrned it in Chicago, IL
My teacher is an acupuncturist by profession and he taught numerous styles of qigong and taijiquan. He is a somewhat known teacher and wrote a few textbooks on TCM (acupuncture and herbal medicine) used in schools in EU and USA.
I believe that he went to school in Jilin back in the 1950s but went to Beijing at some later period before he came to USA. His father was a TCM physician in Cuba!

https://www.amazon.com/Acupuncture-TCM- ... 1928537022

Is Shi Kun Wu your former or current teacher? I'm interested in studying Li Style and am in Chicago. Posted about it on the finding a teacher forum.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:56 am

I think it's a good thing that people stop calling themselves masters. While for some phases in cultivation a professional-traditional relationship is beneficial, during others a friendship-relaxed approach nourishes the Heart better.
You would avoid striving in people and perfectionism. Healthy human activity and relationships, guided by Daoist principles, could really help our world get better.

And well... if you claim to be a master, at least be able to back it up.
Quigga
Santi

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
yeniseri wrote:
nicklinjm wrote:Hmmm - did you learn this in Beijing / from a Beijing teacher? If so it's probably from the Gao Ruizhou branch of Li style - he taught a lot of students in Beijing.

I learrned it in Chicago, IL
My teacher is an acupuncturist by profession and he taught numerous styles of qigong and taijiquan. He is a somewhat known teacher and wrote a few textbooks on TCM (acupuncture and herbal medicine) used in schools in EU and USA.
I believe that he went to school in Jilin back in the 1950s but went to Beijing at some later period before he came to USA. His father was a TCM physician in Cuba!

https://www.amazon.com/Acupuncture-TCM- ... 1928537022

Is Shi Kun Wu your former or current teacher? I'm interested in studying Li Style and am in Chicago. Posted about it on the finding a teacher forum.

Dr Wu is my former teacher! I last studied with him about 20 years ago. The school was called Kang Tai Taiji center.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan