Anyone got good cultivation methods for peace?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Anyone got good cultivation methods for peace?

Postby Quigga on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:03 am

klonk wrote:It is not the environment for everyone. A buddy of mine, a Christian priest, is okay with that environment, but it is uppermost in his mind that your past is only your prolog. You never really end. I have gone with him to help him conduct the weekly memorial service he holds at a care facility. Every week, those patients who are left gather to honor those who have left. I begged off after a while. I would look around for familiar faces and realize... Oh.

I wouldn't mind praying with them for a few hours every day, feeling good about myself while doing it, being far removed from the actual suffering and day to day struggles. One of my highlights at my old workplace was to get down on my knees when I was done with a lady's care and say a short prayer with her sitting in an armchair. A small break. It seemed like she valued it more than anything else I've done for her.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:48 am

Sorry for all the hate. I will try to get in a better place mentally.
Last edited by Quigga on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quigga

Postby klonk on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:35 pm

Quigga,

As you know, and as I found out, there is a minefield of ethical and legal questions surrounding when someone is supposed to die in care. Best case, there is a living will and a loving and clear-thinking agent. Worst case...well, you see it every day, a patient who cannot sensibly participate in care decisions, and who has no representation able, or willing, to convey the last directive.

Something I have seen is the health care system wants to err on the side of keeping the patient alive, if you call it that, even when there is a living will in force, afraid I suppose of being sued. They want to say they did all they could, within the guidelines they were given.

But on the other end of that, they have the right intention of avoiding the kind of thinking that leads to euthanasia, a fancy name for a deep sin. So there we have it: Some people are alive because they are too far gone to refuse care.

Lousy, ain't it! Maybe you would be better off flipping careers. How would you feel about going back as Chaplain?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:25 am

Just rambling, nothing to see here.
Last edited by Quigga on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:29 am

Thanks for your support.
Last edited by Quigga on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quigga

Postby Yeung on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:12 am

Before the lockdown, I was running an exercise program for coping with cancer without any clinical trial yet. Maybe I should address your question to my program as well.
Yeung
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan