Run away from no-mask people

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Run away from no-mask people

Postby johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm

In the past several months, I have run away from no-mask people every day. It even gets into my dream and becomes my nightmare (being chased by a group of no-mask people).

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Re: Run away from no-mask people

Postby Bao on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:34 pm

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?

Start to cough hard and loudly?
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 pm

You live in America, land of the free. Can't you just shoot them dead? Apparently if you do it in the back when they are running away no charges will be pressed.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:23 pm

funny ;)

See people on hiking trails wearing masks with no one else around.

Sometimes others are out sailing alone also wearing a mask,,,
seems kinda strange

nothing as I don't wear one unless its required as with some stores and restaurants.

If one is in a high risk group, it might be prudent for "them" to wear a mask protecting
themselves from others according to their risk tolerance.

For those in low risk groups, it might be hard for them to understand why they should wear them
when as far as they know, they are not infected....

as to 6ft....there are other studies suggesting the distance is either much greater or less than 6ft.

might want to check on it.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm

windwalker wrote:funny ;)

See people on hiking trails wearing masks with no one else around.

Sometimes others are out sailing alone also wearing a mask,,,
seems kinda strange

nothing as I don't wear one unless its required as with some stores and restaurants.

If one is in a high risk group, it might be prudent for "them" to wear a mask protecting
themselves from others according to their risk tolerance.

For those in low risk groups, it might be hard for them to understand why they should wear them
when they'er as far as they know are not infected....

as to 6ft....there are other studies suggesting the distance is either much greater or less than 6ft.

might want to check on it.

Masks do relatively little to protect you from other people's germs, but do quite a bit in terms of keeping your germs from spreading to other people. So your low risk/high risk argument doesn't really hold. Similarly, COVID is contagious prior to symptoms being present. That's kind of part and parcel of what makes a "pandemic" go.

Might want to check on it.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Bhassler wrote:Masks do relatively little to protect you from other people's germs, but do quite a bit in terms of keeping your germs from spreading to other people. So your low risk/high risk argument doesn't really hold. Similarly, COVID is contagious prior to symptoms being present. That's kind of part and parcel of what makes a "pandemic" go.

This is my concern. When I put mask on, I'm protecting others. When others don't put mask on, they don't protect me. I'm will to do for others. Others are not willing to do for me. IMO, it's not fair.

My wife just bought me a face shield. From now on, I will have both face mask and face shield on at the same time.

johnwang
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Bhassler wrote:Masks do relatively little to protect you from other people's germs, but do quite a bit in terms of keeping your germs from spreading to other people. So your low risk/high risk argument doesn't really hold. Similarly, COVID is contagious prior to symptoms being present. That's kind of part and parcel of what makes a "pandemic" go.

Or in many cases testing positive they are asymptomatic,
would they know if not tested?

Could there be many already infected as some suggest asymptomatic?

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

seems reasonable

If wearing a mask makes one feel better, go for it...
why not ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:04 pm

johnwang wrote:This is my concern. When I put mask on, I'm protecting others. When others don't put mask on, they don't protect me. I'm will to do for others. Others are not willing to do for me. IMO, it's not fair.

My wife just bought me a face shield. From now on, I will have both face mask and face shield on at the same time.

If you’re r not infected what are you protecting others from?

If you are infected, symptomatic you probably wouldn't be out running.

A survey conducted by over a dozen medical institutions for the CDC and published in Sept. 11's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report showed that 85% of those who contracted COVID-19 during July among the study group either "always" or "often" wore face coverings within the 14 days before they were infected. More than 70% of those outpatient individuals who tested positive reported always wearing masks. Just 3.9% reported never wearing a mask.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... ovid-masks

It’s not just wearing a mask, but wearing the right type of mask in the proper way, taking other precautions that go with it.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:24 pm

I just finished my 3 miles running 10 minutes ago. During my running, I have met 2 persons who had mask on. I also met 3 persons who had no mask on. When I met those 3 no-mask people, I just turned around.

If there is a group of people that don't have mask on that walked toward you, and you have no safe distance to get away, what will you do? You may

- back up the 1st time,
- back up the 2nd time, even
- back up the 3rd time.

Are you gong to back up forever? What will you do?

The problem is the running path that started from my house is not a wide road. If 2 persons walked side by side on the road, for me to pass them, I won't have that safe 6 feet distance.

It's not a good feeling to be squeezed by no-mask people. I don't want to use my MA to get into violence (may be I should). But I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion?
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm

What CMA technique is safe to use on those no-mask opponent?
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:49 pm

staff? lol. well.... beating up idiots, or worse, getting beat up or shot by idiots isn't really a desirable solution. i guess i'd keep turning around and use a device that measures your distance. on a bicycle, I just go by them and kind of turn my head a little. not gonna be that many droplets in short space/time. maybe hold my breath for 10s. i got a "gravel" bike so i can go off the path or whatever. not sure about your running spaces/trails/roads. you could of course run where people are more distanced instead for now.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:12 pm

I suppose to be in California right now. I just find out that one of my favor hiking trail has been closed.

The Pismo Preserve is closed until further notice, due to concerns about the recreation area's capacity for adequate social distancing among visitors, the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County announced Monday. The preserve has been extremely popular since opening to the public Jan.Mar 23, 2020

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/loca ... 38946.html
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 am

johnwang wrote:What CMA technique is safe to use on those no-mask opponent?

Breathcontrol with rhino-guard combined running real fast by/throu them, a bottle of rum to disinfect(rum soak) parts of your body that eventually made contact ...?
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 am

Go off the track, cross country running - good awareness practice
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:16 am

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next