Run away from no-mask people

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Run away from no-mask people

Postby .Q. on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:08 am

johnwang wrote:What CMA technique is safe to use on those no-mask opponent?

Flying sidekick works wonders. Literally keeps your face as far away as possible.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:29 am

side kick is kinda raw way of sayin` "hello",
jump over their heads. This is the way of the Master!
but
if you skilz doesn`t cover high jumps - just call the Militia`s choper, they will clean trial from the air by M16 ;)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 am

Trick wrote:

Breathcontrol with rhino-guard combined running real fast by/throu them, a bottle of rum to disinfect(rum soak) parts of your body that eventually made contact ...?

is this the secret rather than masks/social distancing/injecting disinfectant?

you've been holding out on us in the other covid threads!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:49 am

everything wrote:
Trick wrote:

Breathcontrol with rhino-guard combined running real fast by/throu them, a bottle of rum to disinfect(rum soak) parts of your body that eventually made contact ...?

is this the secret rather than masks/social distancing/injecting disinfectant?

you've been holding out on us in the other covid threads!

sshysh.....its another placebo soothing the covid anxiuos........however the injecting stuff is not so, its heavy stuff and is not safe....might actually work as an weapon to clear the running track of "opponents"
Last edited by Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 am

"Masked Man arrested after side kicking multiple runners on local running trail."
Last edited by everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 am

everything wrote:"Masked Man arrested after side kicking multiple runners on local running trail."

If JW lives in Texas it might read a little differently

"masked man shot, while attempting to kick multiple runners on local running trail"
No motive established , still under investigation, no charges filed.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am

very dangerous for sure. definitely running is a better idea than side kicking everyone.
everything
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm

This is the way that I look at this issue.

I'll never walk toward someone within 6 feet distance without a mask on. I won't allow anybody to walk toward me within 6 feet distance without a mask on. Is that a fair requirement?

The issue is if someone insists to walk toward me within 6 feet distance without a mask on, that person can be dangerous to my life. Do I have the right to protect myself?

Your thought?
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Try out Wei Chi. The air in the mountains is always clear. It allows you to decide what to let in or stay out. A protective shield from outside influences out of nose, lungs, skin. The sea is sheltered from the land. Without it, stuff gets into your bones easily. Pathogenic qi travels by touch as well, rubber gloves are not enough to protect. Having a strong vitality is best for ensuring good defense.
Quigga

Postby johnwang on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm supposed to be in Pismo Beach, CA right now. In the following clip, you can see many people walk on the street without mask. On the street, I just don't know how to deal with that many people without mask.

Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 pm

hmm too crowded at times. can you take up bicycling instead? easier to avoid the crowd or go by faster.
everything
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:57 pm

A difficult issue because some people are selfish and don't want to act as part of society. Unfortunately, you simply have to avoid certain areas. I always stay well away from people without masks on my walks with the dog. Sometimes, people will appear from a corridor or around a corner, so I am extra vigilant and will often go out into the street.

As an example of how easy it is to spread Covid, my school recently had to close most of the things that were open (already a limited capacity, and the entire campus is supposed to be adhering to strict guidelines). This was because a group from the business school (of course it was a bunch from the Business school, and surely Republicans) breached protocol and went out on the town one night. 14 of them (at least) have come down with Covid. It's not as risky outside, but I'm not taking that risk.

People on here joke about covid anxiety, but my wife works in a hospital and people are still dying. In fact, I have several docs in the family, and they are all watching people get sick, die, or be left with lasting ill effects. It's just not worth it.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Graculus on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm

You could try this, but check your local by-laws first:

In the memoirs of Fukuzawa Yukichi, the founder of Keio University, and whose face graces the 10,000 yen bill, he writes about this real-life incident. Not a fighter himself, one of his colleagues in the early days of the Meiji Restoration, Wada Yoshiro, was an expert in jujitsu, and well able to take on several men by himself. Like Fukuzawa, he thought wearing swords in those 'modern' times was outdated. One night, walking home with a group of friends, their way was blocked by a band of local toughs wearing swords and swaggering along the street towards them. Wada strode along the middle of the street towards them, starting to piss as he walked along. Although the situation was tense, the toughs moved out of his way and trouble was averted.

A friend of a friend (who was a fireman & presumably needed to go 'on the go') could do this, but I have to stop first.

graculus
https://ichijoi.blogspot.com
Graculus
Huajing

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 pm

. always stay well away from people without masks on my walks with the dog. Sometimes, people will appear from a corridor or around a corner, so I am extra vigilant and will often go out into the street.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/german-researchers-trained-dogs-sniff-out-covid-19-coronavirus-infections/
Last edited by Trick on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trick

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am

Glad I brought lots of masks from TW back to EU, including N95s, which actively protect the wearing person. As a high risk househould, we have reduced contacts sharply, no sparring anymore, only training with Taitai. And it will get worse before improvement can be noticed.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan