R.I.P Yang Zhenduo

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

R.I.P Yang Zhenduo

Postby Bao on Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:01 am

Saw that Yang Zhenduo passed away. R.I.P. He was 93 or 94 years old.

Just wanted to mention this.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: R.I.P Yang Zhenduo

Postby Yeung on Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Yang Zhenduo (born 1926, died 7 November 2020), a native of Yongnian Hsien County, Hebei, was born in Beijing, China, into the famous Yang family of martial artists. A son of Yang Cheng Fu and a great-grandson of Yang Lu Chan (the creator of the Yang style of t'ai chi ch'uan), Yang Zhenduo is a fourth-generation descendant of the Yang Family of t'ai chi ch'uan, and is the fourth lineage-holder of the style.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:41 pm

Are there any Yang YTJQ linage holders still living in China now ?... Couple of days ago I found a vid-clip of YZD teaching in Yongnian, couple of high ranked local teachers who are of Fu zhongwen with brother linage participated
Last edited by Trick on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Bao on Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:18 am

Trick wrote:Are there any Yang YTJQ linage holders still living in China now ?...

The ones I know about are in Shanghai from Tian Zhaolin, and in Sichuan there’s a Li Yaxuan school. I am sure there are more as most of YCF’s disciples had a whole lot of close students.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:26 am

No I mean any Yang family members to carry the Yang family Taijiquan banner n China
Trick

Postby Bao on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 am

Trick wrote:No I mean any Yang family members to carry the Yang family Taijiquan banner n China

“Yang Family Tai Chi” is nothing else than a brand. It’s the organization where Yang Jun now is the head off.

“Yang Family Tai Chi is a brand of the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association. The association was created in October 1998 by Grandmasters Yang Zhenduo and Yang Jun ” https://yangfamilytaichi.com/index.php/about/

It’s just a name of schools connected to Yang Jun, and it’s only this lineage included. It doesn’t concern any other Yang Tai Chi lineages.
Last edited by Bao on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:36 am

yes i know that, however Yang Jun is an American now ? the Fu Zhongwen linage family menbers who actually have family ties to the Yang family are austrailans now...... Are there any Yang family members left in china now who carries on the taiji tradition ?......YCF had three sons in mainland china
Last edited by Trick on Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Bao on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:32 am

Trick wrote:the Fu Zhongwen linage family menbers who actually have family ties to the Yang family are austrailans now...... Are there any Yang family members left in china now who carries on the taiji tradition ?......

Oh, you meant literary “Yang family”, actual descendants of YCF or relatives to that family, and not “Yang family tai chi” members. Don’t think there are descendants from YCF Left in China. But I believe that there’s a great-Great-grandson or something From YCF’s brother Yang Zhonghou (through his daughter) should live in China and teach Tai Chi. :)
Bao
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:47 am

Trick wrote:yes i know that, however Yang Jun is an American now ? the Fu Zhongwen linage family menbers who actually have family ties to the Yang family are austrailans now...... Are there any Yang family members left in china now who carries on the taiji tradition ?......YCF had three sons in mainland china

Regarding YZD's brothers. Yang Shouzhong, the eldest son, fled to HK and had three daughters. He's dead -

Yang Zhenji has died and I don't know if any family members train in taiji -

Yang Zhenguo was the youngest son. I don't know much about him

There may be descendents of YCF's brother, Yang Shouhou, or his uncle Yang Banhou as well.
Last edited by robert on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Yes, there seem to be no Yang family members that do Taijiquan left in China now, perhaps when HK fully return there will be....
Trick

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:52 am

Trick wrote:Yes, there seem to be no Yang family members that do Taijiquan left in China now, perhaps when HK fully return there will be....

So by "Are there any Yang YTJQ linage holders still living in China now" you specifically meant YFC descendants only teaching YCF Yang style TJQ (which means excluding other lineages from Yang Luchan, Yang Banhou, Yang Jian Hou etc.). Ok, got it. Then the answer is probably no. There are no Yang Cheng Fu TJQ teachers who are direct descendents from Yang Cheng Fu left in China.

...I guess all other TJQ lineages doesn't matter. ???
Last edited by Bao on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:53 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:Yes, there seem to be no Yang family members that do Taijiquan left in China now, perhaps when HK fully return there will be....

So by "Are there any Yang YTJQ linage holders still living in China now" you specifically meant YFC descendants only teaching YCF Yang style TJQ (which means excluding other lineages from Yang Luchan, Yang Banhou, Yang Jian Hou etc.). Ok, got it. Then the answer is probably no. There are no Yang Cheng Fu TJQ teachers who are direct descendents from Yang Cheng Fu left in China.

...I guess all other TJQ lineages doesn't matter. ???

No, I mean any Yang family members not only from YCF but also from Yang Banhou, Yang Jian Hou etc....are there any still ? Bao I’m not asking this to find out about Taiji organizations or for some Taiji political reasons
Last edited by Trick on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Trick

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:29 am

Trick wrote:No, I mean any Yang family members not only from YCF but also from Yang Banhou, Yang Jian Hou etc....are there any still ?

I already gave you a reply above of what lineage I believe still exists in China:

"I believe that a great-Great-grandson or something From YCF’s brother Yang Zhonghou (through his daughter) should live in China and teach Tai Chi. ",

but you rejected it as: "Yes, there seem to be no Yang family members that do Taijiquan left in China now"...
Last edited by Bao on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:32 am

Oops, I missed that, not rejected it. Well then it seem there are still Yang family members alive and kicking in China
Trick

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 am

Family associations of Yang are not very extensive but there are a few who, despite being not part of the the designated lineage, are still relevant up to a point and I do not know that line.
Here is a link to the Zhao affiliation, which is 'far out there" meaning lack of coverage in current taijiquan circles but still spreading the Yang "family" heritage!

http://wulinmingshi.com/2018/01/04/zhao ... ng-family/
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan