Iron Crotch Style

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Iron Crotch Style

Postby Peacedog on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:33 am

Could be regarding the bones and qi. More aggressive bone breathing exercises tend to leave me feeling wired though.

Afa jing and vitality are concerned, I don’t really see any issues with my more modern way of approaching the issue. Ultimately, I view the older meditative explanations as a form of engineering.

They were trying to explain various poorly understood phenomena utilizing mechanics specific to more subtle energies. Only modern people completely sold on the cult of materialism seem to have some weird problem with it.

Living robustly versus living longer was a topic the ancients understood very well from what I’ve seen. Prevention was really important as once something bad happened few tools existed to remedy a problem.

Extending ultimate lifespan was just as difficult back then as it is now. But living well was always the primary goal.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby pacman161 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 pm

From what I understand, this is part of a village style of Tongbei practiced by him. In the article I believe it also says this.
pacman161
Santi

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Peacedog wrote:It's going well.

I had to take a break between recovering from Covid-19 and making a couple of small mistakes. The mistakes were items that Master McNeil specifically warned me about as well, but I didn't listen closely enough to.

Main observations so far: (1) the sense of physical well being is generated very strongly at the 25lb/12kg point; (2) increases in physical energy are not really noticeable until about 45 pounds/20kg and rapidly ramp up after that; (3) never ever move up more than 5 pounds per increment; (4) you have to keep your pubic hair trimmed or it is very easy for the belt to slip, I learned this the hard way, but if you keep up with it you can lift large amounts of weight without risk; and (5) seminal retention for the first 100 days is critical if you want to see substantial increases in testosterone levels and this can be challenging for some after the first month or so, particularly if your libido has been in the tank for awhile.

My suspicion with #5 is that when it come to regeneration of cells in the testicles that the body preferentially favors fertility over testosterone. So, if you ejaculate your body directs more resources towards keeping you fertile than virile. I think this tracks with a lot of the traditional views on not losing too much jing.

Out of curiosity what is the traditional view regarding seminal retention and wet dreams?
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:39 pm

Wet dreams, i.e. nocturnal emissions in TCM speak, is normally thought to be the result of yin and/or blood deficiency. So...technically speaking it would mean the accumulation of Yang caused by retention isn’t being grounded by sufficient yin/blood. And we’ve got a bunch of formulas for this.

But it’s a BS argument if you are talking a young virile man. He’s healthy and doesn’t have any problems.

The Chinese theories on retention are one part governed by observation and medical concerned. They are also governed by a societal desire to control the behavior of men. So the short answer is too much is too much. And if you have an otherwise healthy man and he’s not having sex, well that is a problem of a different kind.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 pm

The first stage is reverse ejaculation if that's not learned the rest is a moot point
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby TrainingDummy on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 pm

I found after training seminal retention for a while I'd still do it in the dream state.

Also part of the training, at least the one that I went through, was getting the body used to greater amounts of pleasure through the application of the technique. Once the body was on-board with the training through pleasure seeking, it became much easier.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan