Chris Crudellis Book

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Chris Crudellis Book

Postby Andy_S on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:01 am

Was just given an early Xmas present: Chris Crudelli's "Way of the Warrior."

I smiled politely, thinking it would be the usual pic-heavy, Dorling Kindersly MA book, with little or no interest to me (I stopped buying MA books about a decade ago). Well it was a pleasent surprise; Tremendous illos and the stylish layout out you would expect from Dorling Kindersley, but some very interesting material too: there are a number of MAs here I had never even heard of. Althought Crudelli's research is uneven - he is strong on China, Philippines, Okinawa and the Americas, he is weak on Japanese TMA and on silat - cleary the photo research for this was done all over the world: Africa, South America, Central Asia, etc, as well as the Far East. Or is Crudelli working on another series?

If you are looking for a book to give a martial arts beginner for Xmas - this could be it.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Chris Crudellis Book

Postby middleway on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:07 am

Chris is or was a friend of Alex Kozma and from Alex i heard he is quite good. ( he is in alex' first book Esoteric warriors under the name Chris Demwell i believe)

He is a big researcher so i have heard, so not surprised his book is quite good (although like you say it could so easily have gone the other way! lol). Thanks for the heads up!!

all the best
Chris
Last edited by middleway on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 am

Chris:

Unlike some EF members, I though Crudelli was pretty good at many of the the MA that appeared on his show (particularly CMA and FMA), and also found him to be an amusing presenter. His personality, unfortunately, does not come across so well in his writings.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:29 am

cool, thanks for the heads up on the book. I just looked on Amazon. Think i may add it to my collection.

All the best

Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby WongYing on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:35 am

Pretty much all the research and material was collated by Dorling Kindersly as opposed to mr crudelli, however the book is a good read
WongYing
Huajing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan