Paul Rogers out of the courtyard

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Paul Rogers out of the courtyard

Postby lineofintent on Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am

Paul Rogers is teaching Baguazhang intensives, 1st and 3rd Saturday every month in Dorset.

Barehand and weapons skill, focused on fighting ability.

Limited to 12 students, 11am to 630pm.

Contact for details (don't pm me here) [email protected]

Those who have met him will know this is a teacher with the deep skill .
lineofintent
Wuji

Re: Paul Rogers out of the courtyard

Postby yusuf on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:50 pm

Hi all..

long time no post.. i was lucky enough to visit Alex. He took me along to see Paul. Have to say he has very deep skill, he went easy on me but i was being thrown around like a rag doll. It was quite shocking given how much bigger in size than him I am. Reminds me of SAm CHin type control but finishing every interaction with hitting. I.e he asked me try to hit him, he turned into a big whirlpool and gave me a light hit to let me know what could have happened. My Chuck Liddel overhand rights have knocked out a few people, and aren;t normally dissolved that easily.

Would really recommend you go visit and learn the details, he shares completely openly. Oh and train with Alex too

Take care and hope you are all doing well

Yusuf
Last edited by yusuf on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Hey Yusuf! Nice to hear from you. Great to get some more feedback on Paul, although I have already been very impressed by his videos. A bit far from me, but wish you all well over there.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Tom on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm

yusuf wrote:Hi all..

long time no post.. [snip] My Chuck Liddel overhand rights have knocked out a few people, and aren;t normally dissolved that easily.

Would really recommend you go visit and learn the details, he shares completely openly. Oh and train with Alex too

Take care and hope you are all doing well

Yusuf

The Great Djinn appears from the Vast Emptiness of Holland Park and graces this humble forum with his good words. Indeed, I can vouch for Yusuf's overhand rights, only they are more LarryCurlyandMoe-quan than Liddelesque, and the knockout effect occurs because his drinking companions er opponents are wondering why he's waving his arm and then, distracted, they walk into a London lamppost in the eternally-underlit Bloomsbury Square. You've got to understand that Yusuf is from the same school that trains Xinyi Liuhe Quan's "Head Smashes the Tombstone" technique on marble bar tables, then wonders why they are chased out of pub after pub. I don't know for sure, but rumor has it that Fedor learned his overhand right technique from the Great Djinn.

This school also teaches "Sharp Saber Slices the Bannister of a Rental Residence" in exquisite detail.
“Good snowflakes. They do not fall anywhere else.” -- 龐居士
Tom
Administrator

Postby yusuf on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am

Hey Ian & TOM

Thanks to both of you, it’s been quite a journey last few years.

Tom, all true, I’m actually the fourth stooge with my punching. Hope you are still drinking and training.

Paul Rogers, I’d say it’s hands on that you get the real glimpse of his skill.

Cheers

Yusuf
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Tue May 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi all

So to pick up the story, a second lesson this week. There was more depth on the same exercises from lesson 1. I’m getting to learn Yiquan and b to beginning realise that you only really understands the depth of the system when Paul pushes or whacks you. The whacks and pushes are directly linked back to one of the very simple concepts that make up the system. It does seem there are quite a few simple concepts but that actualy going into them, actually training them, will open up every possibility within combat and unified body development. This is the deep profoundness of Yiquan that people talk about but doesn’t become apparent just by reading about it.

You need to get whacked and then get the linkage explained to the simple things you are training.

Anyway, brain a bit overwhelmed, hope everybody is ok with me reporting more stuff aas i get more lessons. Hope all of you are well

Y
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Tue May 04, 2021 1:33 pm

Sounds interesting :) Hope you can whack me with proper linkage lacking leakage someday! Always want to learn more. Just spare my pretty nose :D
What's between you and the world
Quigga
Anjing

Postby nicklinjm on Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Keep up with the updates Yusuf, I for one am definitely interested to hear how you get on with Paul's teaching / material!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan