the hand polarity dantian thing and EVs and so on

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: the hand polarity dantian thing and EVs and so on

Postby everything on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm

:-)
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:56 pm

I like the tea and the coffee.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:45 pm

everything wrote:I like the tea and the coffee.

I've all but given up the coffee.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 am

that's a little sad, but I would like to switch to green tea only (in theory; in practice, I haven't succeeded except for maybe a week or two at a time on rare occasion).
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:40 am

everything wrote:that's a little sad, but I would like to switch to green tea only (in theory; in practice, I haven't succeeded except for maybe a week or two at a time on rare occasion).

Green tea, depending on ciimate, soil and location, does have variations of 'bitterness' depending on one's taste buds, as it were, so it tends to be a cultivated habit over time.
There is an element in green tea (EGCG) that mimics a well know antiviral (theraflavin). This does not mean that green tea is a replacement for viruses.

Interesting background and the molecular structure comparison of EGCG (tea) with theraflavin!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8002208/

Polarity is a double edged sword like the dragon biting its own tail.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:22 pm

everything wrote:if you do the qigong aspects (that you should be doing) and experiment with the hand order over dantian, it seems to me one way feels "aligned" electromagnetically. the other feels "reverse polarity" like when you turn the two magnets around. I would normally just listen to the standard advice, but it's more fun to mess around with the opposite to see what happens (this is really better learning anyway). so occasionally i do it and the "repel" feeling makes it feel more like the energy is sort of more "generated". Because it can feel like messing around with magnets, it kind of occurs to me (After some re-reading)

EV motors use a similar dynamic. (TL;DR: forces from magnets cause coils to spin. the coils are attached to an axle).
https://www.apexmagnets.com/news-how-to ... e-magnets/

There is also some research to generate electricity without the coils, not sure of the specifics:
https://www.sciencepubco.com/index.php/ ... view/24306

So is there an actual question here, that we can answer?

This looks like another one of those threads where people are just speculating over tidbits. We even got windwalker to post a picture of codependant wave transmission.

This whole thread is really off the mark :/

I have so little time these days as I am moving countries again but doesn't anyone have anything real to say about one hand vs the other and the feeling of polarities?

-
Appledog
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:44 pm

Nope. Just stating an experience. It felt like the "constructor interference". I don't know why (which is also a statement and not a question).
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:52 am

Clearly, everyone's personal training experience is different and unique to themselves, as is their perspective of it. As such, there generally isn't a one-size-fits-all take away regarding what everyone should expect to feel, either physically or energetically. :-\
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:09 am

Doc Stier wrote:Clearly, everyone's personal training experience is different and unique to themselves, as is their perspective of it. As such, there generally isn't a one-size-fits-all take away regarding what everyone should expect to feel, either physically or energetically. :-\

If that were true then it would be impossible to pass down a style of martial arts.

The reality of the situation is that there is amateur and professional. To the amateur, if you get it, you get it. Speculation is rampant because the attitude in the beginning is that the teacher does not really care if you get it or not. But to the professional there is no question whether or not you get it, because you must get it -- it must be passed down, it must be used, it must have a value proposition. The art is the same -- but the attitude and training methodology are completely different. There is no room for guesswork because you don't need it, you have the information you need to make progress.

A great example of this would be the word poems passed down in taoist alchemy, or martial arts -- like the Wu family (Wu Style) five character formula. There is no room for personal opinion here. If you are experiencing things in a vastly different way than standard you're doing it wrong.
Last edited by Appledog on Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 am

A great example of this would be the word poems passed down in taoist alchemy, or martial arts -- like the Wu family (Wu Style) five character formula. There is no room for personal opinion here. If you are experiencing things in a vastly different way than standard you're doing it wrong.

can you show that you are doing it right, to be able to make a statement that others are doing it wrong..

For example are you a representative, or recognize to speak for the wu family style

or is it just another opinion as mentioned ?
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:05 am

yeniseri wrote:
everything wrote:that's a little sad, but I would like to switch to green tea only (in theory; in practice, I haven't succeeded except for maybe a week or two at a time on rare occasion).

Green tea, depending on ciimate, soil and location, does have variations of 'bitterness' depending on one's taste buds, as it were, so it tends to be a cultivated habit over time.
There is an element in green tea (EGCG) that mimics a well know antiviral (theraflavin). This does not mean that green tea is a replacement for viruses.

Interesting background and the molecular structure comparison of EGCG (tea) with theraflavin!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8002208/

Polarity is a double edged sword like the dragon biting its own tail.

interesting, thanks!
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:52 pm

Appledog wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:Clearly, everyone's personal training experience is different and unique to themselves, as is their perspective of it. As such, there generally isn't a one-size-fits-all take away regarding what everyone should expect to feel, either physically or energetically. :-\

If that were true then it would be impossible to pass down a style of martial arts.

That's a ridiculous notion. As a professional teacher, I have taught people every aspect of the system and how to properly train it, but I couldn't prevent them from perceiving what they learned in their own unique way or from expressing it with their own personal interpretation. This is why even all of the top disciples of the same master usually develop a uniquely personal stylistic expression of the same system. There may be a standard curriculum learned by all, but not necessarily a physical performance thereof that is exactly the same. Notable exceptions are styles or systems which incorporate only a small number of relatively simple form sets, like Wing Chun, or styles which focus primarily on simple drills instead of form sets, like Yi Chuan.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:20 pm

have you ever watched "Professional Musicians React" on YouTube? It's an amazing series.

The musicians will listen to iconic songs, but it's clear they hear and perceive very, very different bits (like singers will hear different things than guitarists will) that they find very interesting.

There will never be another Fedor or Messi or Ronaldo. You can imitate their styles of course, clearly. But the next master of some specific sport or art will be again unique. Thank goodness for that.

But of course at beginner level and beyond, everyone needs to know some notes, chords, melodies, harmonies, make a qi ball, sink qi to dantian, microcosmic orbit, basic punches, kicks, throws, etc. ...
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:08 am

So what is a qi ball?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:11 am

oragami_itto wrote:So what is a qi ball?

Watch old episodes of Dragon Ball Z or The Avatar for more details. Lol ;D
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan