Master Chen zhi qiang tuishou (Chen family)

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Master Chen zhi qiang tuishou (Chen family)

Postby MaartenSFS on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Doc Stier wrote:
MaartenSFS wrote:Name-calling is a bit much, but if bullshit isn't called out then that is doing a disservice to the community.

Agreed. Nonetheless, enough is enough. Anyone who regularly visits this group page or other online martial art discussion forums has undoubtedly seen the teacher trash talk many times before. ::)

If I find the writings and videos of a given teacher not to my personal liking, I simply ignore them. Move along, don't waste your time. Nothing more is necessary. :-\

When the cult is about to drink all the kool aid do you let them or try to warn them?
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:32 pm

MaartenSFS wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:
MaartenSFS wrote:Name-calling is a bit much, but if bullshit isn't called out then that is doing a disservice to the community.

Agreed. Nonetheless, enough is enough. Anyone who regularly visits this group page or other online martial art discussion forums has undoubtedly seen the teacher trash talk many times before. ::)

If I find the writings and videos of a given teacher not to my personal liking, I simply ignore them. Move along, don't waste your time. Nothing more is necessary. :-\

When the cult is about to drink all the kool aid do you let them or try to warn them?

If I am asked for my opinion and advice regarding a particular martial arts school or teacher, I am happy to provide that to the best of my knowledge. However, I don't feel it is my responsibility to publicly denounce any school or teacher which appears to be fraudulent in my view.

Ultimately, everyone is entitled to make their own free will decisions based on reasons known only to themselves. It's not my place to judge their decision. Many go ahead and take instruction from people I explicitly said were outright fakes. I don't know why they bothered to ask for my opinion in the first place. Go figure! :o
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby MaartenSFS on Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:27 am

Well, I can certainly understand your frustration. Some people just like the taste of Koolaid...
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 pm

Chen Ziqiang is ah boss like Ren Guangyi! They know their stuff and spent the 50,000 hrs that few are willing to spend in their endeavour.
They make internal seem like a figment of imagination they throw you or apply qi'nna.

Alot of us talk sh*t in our eloquence but we lack the experience of getting hit, felt the pain (I felt Ren Guangyi's wrist lock for months ;D ) so we are at a disadvantage on all counts. Jus' sayin'
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 am

Don't know Ren, but I respect anyone else that put in the time and sweat like I did and doesn't hide behind a cult.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 am

look for consistency in what is trained, what is used, and what is marketed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6QKrAVtOs

Chen stylist market "faijin" a major differentiation between what they do and others do.

Why is it not being used as an answer for the teacher searching for solutions to a question.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:54 am

I agree with you that they focus on the wrestling and neglect the striking, but Fajin can be used in wrestling and I can see it in the videos. I've done the opposite and tend to prefer striking, at which point I asked myself; Why bother doing TJQ at all? ;D
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 pm

MaartenSFS wrote:Tuishou is meant as a safe drill to test certain principles and techniques, etc. before moving on to wrestling and/or sparring. It is nothing more and nothing less. I take no issue with Chen Shifu turning his art into a wrestling style, as that is what Taiji is best for anyways and it's good to remain focused. I hope that he also teaches the Qinna to go along with it, as they are quite complementary.

From the standpoint of teaching this art properly. When you see a student flying back or tripping up, you are supposed to teach them not to do that. Real push hands is actually very boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBAbC2EC0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3NCBrCSBUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLoNVPd255E

SItting through these you will see that real push hands is about training in a fixed pattern. When someone goes out it's because they made a mistake. It's not because the teacher is superskilled. it's because he didn't make a mistake in the pattern.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 am

Master Chen zhi qiang IS really anti charismatic and have no charm AT all even never smile so he doesn t look for
becoming a guru cult but look for perfect gongfu .
i see him like mexican boxers that go to the War even if not top level.

So with him i should observe what is taiji martial principle without complice , pupils that fly in one touch .
Most of his tuishou the opponent attack freely and with intention to make him fall. WE don't find this on YouTube.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby AL2016 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am

It s hard to follow the middle way between

Beeing too smooth like most of taichi yang dreaming to a Disney World .
And Beeing too hard and tough liké Chen taichi and Yichuan.
Actually modern Epok make that WE have less chance to reach the goal because WE were educated with sport using muscular force and WE have less Time than the ancient master as WE have to work 8-10h a day in this globalize World.
And to conclud like in any fields or sport only a rare elite reach the top but martial art IS an éducation for life socthe goal is not having the perfect gongfu.

In martial art, WE are nowadays like if in football if WE don't reach Maradona or Zidane 's level
Our training sessions are useless and WE are frustrated

It s not logical because taichi or yichuan are like a 7dimension prisom useful for all people from 7-97years old.
Last edited by AL2016 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby marvin8 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 am

AL2016 wrote:So with him i should observe what is taiji martial principle without complice , pupils that fly in one touch .
Most of his tuishou the opponent attack freely and with intention to make him fall. WE don't find this on YouTube.

Watching both closely, you should observe practical, universal (e.g., combat sports, soccer, etc.) principles. Ziqiang leads the opponent into emptiness:

marvin8
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:56 am

I prefer this ⤴️ two expert who have not reached the top who want to test for Real and After it they know they are not the top
And gain in humility
Than

Mayueliang hère ⬇️ implying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBAbC2EC0A

Yes.....IAM ammmm. .....GOD
TIME HIS PUPIL FALL IT S LIKE HE S GOD SAYING

BE ...AND IT IS

BUT ONLY IN HIS DISNEYLAND WORLD (ok for the little child on the left impressed in the video and imitating his movment but for adult...please )
Last edited by AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:13 am

Here maybe the middle way

Slow training work without cult guru workshiping
https://youtu.be/lxF-Q3oSx4E
90% Time working slowly like him⤴️benjamin WU

10% testing stonger tuishou for more advanced pupils
AL2016
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 am

This is not high level stuff
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:35 am

AL2016 wrote:Here maybe the middle way

Slow training work without cult guru workshiping
https://youtu.be/lxF-Q3oSx4E
90% Time working slowly like him⤴️benjamin WU

10% testing stonger tuishou for more advanced pupils

Some more recent videos from benjamin WU

Br Wu
Nov 11, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWq2tTVIANY

Br Wu
Oct 19, 2021