What difference between wrestling taichi and striking taichi

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

What difference between wrestling taichi and striking taichi

Postby AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:01 am

Hi

in master Chen zhi qiang post you Said that Chen family IS too much in a kind of wrestling taichi
So who are the representant of striking taichi and Can you show us video demonstrate it ?
Thanks

For me
Here master chengxiang disciple of master fengzhiqiang
He looks a very simple and kind person
His demo looks like yichuan with hooking the arm of the opponent. 4min47 it s 100% like yichuan
https://youtu.be/IzhvvA5VKzM
Last edited by AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Re: What difference between wrestling taichi and striking taichi

Postby Appledog on Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 am

I don't have an answer about wrestling taichi and striking taichi because I think they're the same thing, but that's just based on my own personal experience. I'd be more interested in hearing your opinion though. Did you learn wrestling taichi or striking taichi? How long have you done it, and do you like it? Thanks.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:55 am

See Chen zhi qiang post please

IAM yichuan practicionner
AL2016
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm

For me, it is just function, utility and ability.
Most people find striking easier based on a physiological 'reason' since the wrestling (shuai) is deficient based on their own physiological deficit.

When TKD was popular because everyone was familiar with it it fell by the wayside when BJJ came into the metaverse. Newaza (judo ground game) with ability. utility and vison changed the outcome of many an encounter because people trained and therfofre it became a force to be reckoned with. The better conditioning, the better outcome with training.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:27 pm

Sakuraba trained hard (during his chain-smoking of cigarettes) and beat the best of bjj with strikes even though he was better known for catch wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yckmOwrg1R4
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:15 am

Ok thanks
AL2016
Anjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan