Blending western equipment

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Blending western equipment

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:14 pm

origami_itto wrote:So what I find interesting is that nobody will argue that you need to lift and train differently for bulk or sculpting, cutting or power, speed or strength. Performance athletes have to make decisions about where they want to invest their gains because they can counter each other if approached haphazardly.

But you make the same sort of suggestion about something that has historically been considered by the folks that can really do as something completely different and suddenly you're talking nonsense. As if magically all physical exertion produces the same tissue growth response and movement ability. You want to run faster, do some pushups, that'll help.

It isn't just that you're deliberately ignorant and now asking for advice on this, but you're also arrogant and think you can put down what others have done. I've asked you to back up your assertions that the training I've taught people and posted in this thread is nonsense and "sideshow distractions" as you termed it, but you refuse to do that because you know you can't.

I've put myself and my students up here and I haven't seen a single thing from you. If you know so much then prove it. Where is your video showing all this awesome taiji shenfa power you have? Do you have it? Because I doubt that you do.

Perhaps you should stick to your $10 fitness junk from goodwill.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:
origami_itto wrote:So what I find interesting is that nobody will argue that you need to lift and train differently for bulk or sculpting, cutting or power, speed or strength. Performance athletes have to make decisions about where they want to invest their gains because they can counter each other if approached haphazardly.

But you make the same sort of suggestion about something that has historically been considered by the folks that can really do as something completely different and suddenly you're talking nonsense. As if magically all physical exertion produces the same tissue growth response and movement ability. You want to run faster, do some pushups, that'll help.

It isn't just that you're deliberately ignorant and now asking for advice on this, but you're also arrogant and think you can put down what others have done. I've asked you to back up your assertions that the training I've taught people and posted in this thread is nonsense and "sideshow distractions" as you termed it, but you refuse to do that because you know you can't.

I've put myself and my students up here and I haven't seen a single thing from you. If you know so much then prove it. Where is your video showing all this awesome taiji shenfa power you have? Do you have it? Because I doubt that you do.

Perhaps you should stick to your $10 fitness junk from goodwill.

I think your training is probably highly effective and produces great results consistent with the goals you've set forth.

I'm sorry if you've taken anything I've said to be dismissive of your skills or results, I apologize.

That type of conditioning simply isn't what I'm pursuing and I don't believe it is helpful at all to the kind of Taijiquan I practice.

YMMV, and that's fine. Do what you do, man. Have fun with it. Get weird.

I dunno though, videos are a bit of a distraction and don't really tell you much. I haven't bothered to watch any of yours, not maliciously or anything, just don't really care to. And I don't care to prove the supremacy of my viewpoint, we can all do what makes us happy and that's fine. Don't do what I say, I don't care.

I don't understand this need to constantly hurl insults and abuse at me, though. Let's find some way to meet up and try some push hands and you can show me what I'm doing wrong and I will thank you for it.
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:07 pm

origami_itto wrote:I'm sorry if you've taken anything I've said to be dismissive of your skills or results, I apologize.... I haven't bothered to watch any of yours, not maliciously or anything, just don't really care to.

Apology accepted. I'll stop wasting my time posting actual results showing exactly what people say they are looking for. Obviously, actually getting results aren't desired.

origami_itto wrote:But you make the same sort of suggestion about something that has historically been considered by the folks that can really do as something completely different and suddenly you're talking nonsense. As if magically all physical exertion produces the same tissue growth response and movement ability. You want to run faster, do some pushups, that'll help.

https://www.elitetrack.com/justification-for-the-need-of-upper-body-strength-training-for-sprinters-by-dj-hicks/
Again, this entire discussion is grossly misinformed as sprinters have tremendous upper body muscularity. And that would be obvious with a simple google search. The problem is some people are completely immune to evidence contrary to what they incorrectly believe.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Right on, man, peace be with you.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan