do babies have jin

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: do babies have jin

Postby cloudz on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:34 am

Steve James wrote:
It's not their strength, it's the relaxed way they exert it that is extraordinary.

Case in point, my boy turned two in August, and he's often coming to me to either push or pull me. He pushes me on the leg towards the door. He likes to play in real cars as apparently toy cars are no longer good enough for him.. And he pulls me to the fridge, because you know, there's ice cream in it.

I'm not sure what he weighs but I'm multiples his size and weight.. whilst I'm not resisting him per se, he CAN move me a bit if I'm just hanging out.. He almost made me stumble the other day pushing me towards the door; He did catch me by surprise to be fair. ;D
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: do babies have jin

Postby everything on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:35 am

lol that's exactly what i'm wondering about. the drunk thing is interesting as well. are we unable to "relax" without a lot of training / re-training, and this kind of thing is part of it
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan