Yiquan question

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Yiquan question

Postby chrislomas on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 am

Yes Sereph = Firequan's EF.net id. Really if you've had experience with him you'd know - he is not a very skilled troll he only has one 'mode'. He is not in a wheelchair. He is from Manchester England. Like I say the guy only learned a very little performance Wushu (from the Jin Long centre in manchester), he now has a mighty chip on his shoulder as he can't fight and he blames all CMA for it ::) .
chrislomas
Anjing

Postby cdobe on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:07 am

Sprint wrote:
cdobe wrote:Seraph is/was not disabled. On his videos he was healthy and in good shape. I guess he just says this to disarm the people who want to disprove in person that they're practicing ineffictive BS.

Do you have a date record of his videos? I don't think he would lie - I mean I have no way of knowing, but of all things I had him down for bullshitter was not one.

His videos weren't old and he talked about his training regimen, so at the time of that thread he seemed to be fine. But as Graham said, you never know...

CD
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby jarvis on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Xiff, lets do this another way. You say you're a sociologist, so am I. I have a BA(Hons) in sociology from ARU Cambridge. Where did you study? PM me if you wish, I don't do Yi Quan Ido Xingyi having studied with James McNeil, Alex Kozma & currently with Paul Whitrod.
I have to say your attitude isn't great but will happily discuss your arguments from a sociological point if you are willing

Phil Bridges
Punch, Kick , It's all in the mind
jarvis
Santi

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 pm

jarvis wrote:Xiff....I have to say your attitude isn't great but will happily discuss your arguments from a sociological point if you are willing

Phil Bridges

Great suggestion, Phil. :)

No matter what the topic of debate may be, or who the respective antagonists may be, a good old fashioned "put up or shut up" format usually proves to work quite well, IMO. ;)

And in this case, if in fact you both speak the same language, per se, as a result of receiving similar formal educations, perhaps greater clarification will come from the ensuing dialogue. 8-)

Doc Stier
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby shenme on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:05 pm

WOW :o

All this for asking "Is there a training progression in Yiquan?"

The things a guy misses when he takes a few days off for New Years ;D

Happy New Year everybody
Last edited by shenme on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.

蒂姆
shenme
Mingjing

Postby edededed on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Ha ha! It seems that yiquan always gets the "best" trolls. They always seem to:

1. Have lots of long-winded arguments
2. Be very belligerent
3. Note that they are "disabled" whenever they are given the option of visiting another poster (and then they try to make the poster feel guilty)
edededed
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan