How to create your own forms

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How to create your own forms

Postby edededed on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:56 pm

johnwang wrote:Culture is not an issue for me. I will never let Chinese culture to put any restriction on me. For example, I love the side kick, turn side kick combo even if it doesn't exist in any CMA forms. I also love the flying side kick that also doesn't exist in any CMA forms. When I do it, I can feel young and happy. That's more important for me than anything else.

Maybe you will be happy to know:
- Flying side kick: I think I saw this in many CMA demos - but the performer usually lands on the ground (maybe ditang or nanquan?)
- Side kick, turn side kick combo: I learned this combo in bagua (actually as part of 3-kick combo, these are the last 2 bits)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:11 pm

edededed wrote:Maybe you will be happy to know:
- Flying side kick: I think I saw this in many CMA demos - but the performer usually lands on the ground (maybe ditang or nanquan?

I think you are talking about "飞天卧佛落尘埃". It exists in long fist. But I believe it emphasizes on "landing".

http://www.wushupeixunban.com/p_201959.html
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:29 am

johnwang wrote:
edededed wrote:Maybe you will be happy to know:
- Flying side kick: I think I saw this in many CMA demos - but the performer usually lands on the ground (maybe ditang or nanquan?

I think you are talking about "飞天卧佛落尘埃". It exists in long fist. But I believe it emphasizes on "landing".

http://www.wushupeixunban.com/p_201959.html

You may be right - but I never saw it in a longfist form. Do you know any that might include it?

I never learned it in CMA myself (mine came from Korean martial arts, maybe the technique generally was created from there?).
edededed
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:32 am

edededed wrote:You may be right - but I never saw it in a longfist form. Do you know any that might include it?

It exists in the Hua family of the long fist system.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:24 pm

johnwang wrote:
edededed wrote:You may be right - but I never saw it in a longfist form. Do you know any that might include it?

It exists in the Hua family of the long fist system.

Thanks - I'll check it out.
edededed
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan