I asked AI to explain how Tai Chi works...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

I asked AI to explain how Tai Chi works...

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:55 am

This is ChatGPT:

Explain how Tai Chi Chuan works

Tai Chi Chuan is a style of Chinese martial art that combines slow, graceful movements with deep breathing and meditation. The aim of Tai Chi is to build up strength and flexibility, while also cultivating inner peace and relaxation. Tai Chi movements are designed to encourage circulation and energy flow throughout the body, helping to improve overall health. Practitioners of Tai Chi often focus on finding a balance between relaxation and concentration, and seek to attain a sense of harmony and inner peace. The meditative, low-impact movements of Tai Chi are said to have a calming effect on both body and mind, making it a popular form of exercise for people of all ages.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: I asked AI to explain how Tai Chi works...

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:56 am

Explain how Tai Chi works like you are mad at me

Tai Chi is a martial art that utilizes slow and relaxed movements to cultivate energy known as “chi”. These movements are meant to help practitioners become aware of their body and its current state of balance. This awareness can help practitioners reduce stress and build strength, balance, flexibility, and coordination. Practicing Tai Chi also helps improve circulation and can even boost the immune system. In essence, Tai Chi is a method of self-care and self-healing that can help you become more mindful and connected to your body. So, even though I may be mad at you, using Tai Chi can help me become aware of my body and its current state of balance, which can help me reduce stress and find a sense of relaxation.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:57 am

Explain how Tai Chi works as if you were shakespeare

Tai Chi is a form of movement that doth empower the body and mind. 'Tis a subtle exercise of body and spirit, a gentle, mindful practice that doth bring balance and harmony. Through the movements, one can find peace, focus, and clarity. Through the practice of Tai Chi, one can unlock the potential of their body's inner energy, or "chi". This energy is believed to flow through the body, and can be accessed through the precise, mindful movements of the Tai Chi form. As one moves through the form, their energy is redirected and balanced, helping to bring harmony to the mind and body.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:00 am

What is a good tag line for a Tai Chi school?

"Find Balance in Motion with Tai Chi"

What is the best move in Tai Chi?

The best move in Tai Chi is the Push Hands exercise, which is a two-person exercise that helps to develop your understanding and control of the principles of Tai Chi.

Are Tai Chi people weird?

No, Tai Chi practitioners are not weird. It is a gentle, non-competitive martial art form that emphasizes body posture, breathing, and relaxation. It is a safe, healthy form of exercise for people of all ages and can be practiced by anyone.

Is chi real?

Yes, chi is a real concept in traditional Chinese medicine and philosophy. Chi is believed to be a vital energy that flows throughout the body and is responsible for health and vitality.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:01 am

GrahamB wrote:Explain how Tai Chi works like you are mad at me

Tai Chi is a martial art that utilizes slow and relaxed movements to cultivate energy known as “chi”. These movements are meant to help practitioners become aware of their body and its current state of balance. This awareness can help practitioners reduce stress and build strength, balance, flexibility, and coordination. Practicing Tai Chi also helps improve circulation and can even boost the immune system. In essence, Tai Chi is a method of self-care and self-healing that can help you become more mindful and connected to your body. So, even though I may be mad at you, using Tai Chi can help me become aware of my body and its current state of balance, which can help me reduce stress and find a sense of relaxation.

This reads like that joke where you say "Wanna see my Elon Musk impersonation?" then "Hello, I am Elon Musk." In your regular voice.

You can always spot AI text by the impeccable spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and complete lack of poetic sensibility
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:03 am

Which is better xing yi or tai chi?

The answer to this question depends on individual preference. Xing Yi is a more aggressive martial art, while Tai Chi is a softer martial art. Both have their own benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to research both styles and find the one that best suits your needs.

is tai chi better than mma?

No, MMA is a more comprehensive and modern form of martial arts. Tai Chi is a more traditional martial art focused on health and relaxation. Each style has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to find the one that best suits your needs.

What is the best technique in martial arts?

There is no single best technique in martial arts, as different techniques work better for different people. It is important to research different styles and find the one that best suits your needs and goals.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:09 am

It's pretty good isn't it. You could easily populate a Tai Chi website with this stuff.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:16 am

GrahamB wrote:It's pretty good isn't it. You could easily populate a Tai Chi website with this stuff.

I mean it's just as useful as most of what else is written on the subject and posted online.

I would bemoan the lack of meaningful content here but, really, where is the more meaningful content?
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:45 am

It makes more sense than anything Windwalker has ever written, that's all I'm saying ;D ;D ;D

It does art too:

Me: write a poem about tai chi

ChatGPT: Here is a poem about tai chi:

Tai chi, a dance of grace and flow,
A moving meditation, a way to grow.
Through slow, graceful movements and deep breaths,
We find balance and peace, a state of rest.

In tai chi, we tune in to our bodies and minds,
We focus on the present, and leave the world behind.
We let go of stress, and find our inner calm,
As we flow through the forms, like a gentle balm.

Tai chi is more than just a physical art,
It helps us connect with our hearts.
It teaches us to listen and be at ease,
To find balance and harmony, to find peace.

So if you're feeling lost or out of balance,
Try tai chi, and you'll find a new chance.
To connect with your body and your mind,
And leave the stresses of the world behind.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:05 am

think you missed this thread (and another):
https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 248e729b75

has a story of a tai chi master, and some AI-created portraits of young and old Yang Luchan, lol
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:14 am

GrahamB wrote:It makes more sense than anything Windwalker has ever written, that's all I'm saying ;D ;D ;D

It does art too:

Me: write a poem about tai chi

ChatGPT: Here is a poem about tai chi:

Tai chi, a dance of grace and flow,
A moving meditation, a way to grow.
Through slow, graceful movements and deep breaths,
We find balance and peace, a state of rest.

In tai chi, we tune in to our bodies and minds,
We focus on the present, and leave the world behind.
We let go of stress, and find our inner calm,
As we flow through the forms, like a gentle balm.

Tai chi is more than just a physical art,
It helps us connect with our hearts.
It teaches us to listen and be at ease,
To find balance and harmony, to find peace.

So if you're feeling lost or out of balance,
Try tai chi, and you'll find a new chance.
To connect with your body and your mind,
And leave the stresses of the world behind.

See, words, but no art. No sensibility, just words. About as good as your average milquetoast housewife rediscovering her creative side and inventorying her emotions with line breaks.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:16 am

It's just the next step on the transformation to a 100% consumer culture. We will have reached the age where human creativity will be irrelevant.

Why don't we just let them do the kung fu, too? Be much easier to just read the stories they tell us and watch the shows they cobbled together from everything that has come before.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:29 am

milquetoast housewife rediscovering her creative side and inventorying her emotions with line breaks.

i mean, so machine intelligence has already achieved average human intelligence? it's exceeded us in chess and other areas. if your complaint is simply "it's not good yet" ... the implications are still a bit scary.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:36 am

everything wrote:
milquetoast housewife rediscovering her creative side and inventorying her emotions with line breaks.

i mean, so machine intelligence has already achieved average human intelligence? it's exceeded us in chess and other areas. if your complaint is simply "it's not good yet" ... the implications are still a bit scary.

I'm legitimately... well "concerned" isn't the right word.... "resigned" to the stupidity of our trajectory.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:38 am

Like we know that in the United States, news is generally written at a 4th grade reading level. Most adults lack advanced reading skills and the ability to infer meaning from text. We are literally mostly of sub-standard intelligence.

Which, okay, fine, I'm okay with that, just so long as they don't make breaking from the predigested regurgitated content illegal. outlawing individual expression because it can't be properly regulated or monetized.
origami_itto
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan