Nailed into the ground

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Nailed into the ground

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:14 pm

What would you like to know
All I was doing was letting you know I have looked deeply into these systems
I am yet to find any that have anything that wasn’t covered by my tai chi training
Saying that I found things that made me look at things with a new eye
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:39 pm

What would you like to know

Appreciate your offer, thanks.

I do have something like to know. It may relate to tai chi training.
Do you know or happen to know a method to train to move any object remotely. I am fancy on knowing how to knock down a person without touching? Not the teacher and student type we always see but any stranger on the street. You can ignore my question. I know it doesn't make sense to a lot of people.

The closest I can get is from a friend of mine. His father can knock down a stranger across the street. Or across a narrow alley so not to exaggerate. I met his father but did not have chance to try. His father get this ability from a tai chi teacher. I know my friend for years and I believe he is not bluffing.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:16 pm

You your friend and big daddy are obviously on a whole other plain to me
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:21 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Drop all strength to the bubbling spring point
Then let it be born anew from that point

Finally!

A three-legged stool never wobbles

What are some dynamic standing exercises for dialing in the bubbling well and dropping all strength to that point?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:08 am

No special postures it is just about awareness and relaxation
Pushing helps and correct form
How you place the foot down
How you pick it up
The keen eye of a good teacher
Lots of practice
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:47 am

suckinlhbf wrote:
tied up in their connection to the ground they actually become detached from it

It is exactly what have happened. Trying to drop but can't and feel like stand on a bouncing ball.

You can not try. Dropping is just dropping, letting go. However, even if you let go of all your strength, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will feel stable. Rooting demands a certain physical development of not only the legs, but also the whole kua area and the lower back. When you first try to practice how to relax the legs you will be unstable. We call this "floating". But when you have gone through this stage and keep on relaxing, you will gain a new type of strength in the legs, which is the use of core muscles to naturally stabilise the structure. We are not used to really activate those core muscles in daily life, so they need to be strengthened. First you need to relax the shallow, outer musculature. Because your core musculature is weak, your legs will wobble. So it will take some time to develop this natural core strength. First when you have reached this stage, you will be able to really relax the whole body deeply, including the legs, and still not collapse. Only when you have reached this stage, you can start to understand what real rooting is about.

wayne hansen wrote:No special postures it is just about awareness and relaxation
Lots of practice

Agreed that "it is just about awareness and relaxation". Form and push hands is important. Pushing helps you feel and understand your balance better.

Simple wuji standing is good and recommended though. Just stand naturally, relax your whole body and try to scan every little part of your body with awareness, trying to understand your body's tensions and unbalance.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 am

something I noticed in moving to "minimalist" shoes and trying to get my toes to no longer be scrunched is one of my big toes really "wants" to stay scrunched inward. as my toes can more naturally "splay" again as they're supposed to do, having this stable base is easier. base is literally wider in its contact points to the ground. usually I'd be more about the bubbling well point and say i need to mainly work on "energy", but I've had this "deficiency" in my "mechanics" for such a long time.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:40 am

The aspect of 'energy' and the state and development of your physical body should surely be two sides of the same coin. Sometimes you can lead more with one side of the coin, sometimes more with the other. But both are important. So I wish you success with unscrunching. :)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:47 am

wayne hansen wrote:What would you like to know
I am yet to find any that have anything that wasn’t covered by my tai chi training

What role do you think synovial fluid might play in all this?
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hb ... 0increases.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:16 am

Giles wrote:The aspect of 'energy' and the state and development of your physical body should surely be two sides of the same coin. Sometimes you can lead more with one side of the coin, sometimes more with the other. But both are important. So I wish you success with unscrunching. :)

Thanks! So true. Always something to improve.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 am

wayne hansen wrote:No special postures it is just about awareness and relaxation
How you place the foot down
How you pick it up
The keen eye of a good teacher
Lots of practice

Tell it, brother, tell it. 8-)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 pm

origami_itto wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:What would you like to know

What role do you think synovial fluid might play in all this?
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hb ... 0increases.

It plays the same role as facia core and all automatic systems in the body
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:33 pm

BruceP wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:Drop all strength to the bubbling spring point
Then let it be born anew from that point

Finally!

A three-legged stool never wobbles

What are some dynamic standing exercises for dialing in the bubbling well and dropping all strength to that point?

Silk reeling is the tai chi solution to avoiding force against force when doing fa jing like this. If you watch electricity arc in slow motion you will see that the normal way this is done is to find the shortest supportive path and then express energy along that path. This is usually done mentally by creating a structure (i.e. a ground path) and then causing the waters of the bubbling well to spring up as mentioned. This way appears to follow nature and is extremely powerful. However this is not the tai chi way because the way we just described is known as great leaning force in tai chi.

Still, if you can get to this point, you must be doing something correctly!
Appledog
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:25 pm

Appledog wrote:
Silk reeling is the tai chi solution to avoiding force against force when doing fa jing like this. If you watch electricity arc in slow motion you will see that the normal way this is done is to find the shortest supportive path and then express energy along that path. This is usually done mentally by creating a structure (i.e. a ground path) and then causing the waters of the bubbling well to spring up as mentioned. This way appears to follow nature and is extremely powerful. However this is not the tai chi way because the way we just described is known as great leaning force in tai chi.

Still, if you can get to this point, you must be doing something correctly!

I dunno anythin about all that.

Physically, tjq is very simple and easy for the body to understand - not so much the mind/intent work as that is as complex and unique as each individual.
Last edited by BruceP on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan