Ting and Dong and silent sounds

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Ting and Dong and silent sounds

Postby BruceP on Wed May 10, 2023 7:09 pm

Bhassler wrote:
You've given a bunch in the past. The one I remember, and the one I spent a small amount of time with, was standing on a narrow, elevated, possibly slightly unstable surface (in your case I think it was an i-beam on top of a building that was being constructed) and looking straight up at the sky. I revisited it after reading your post and have a different understanding of it now than I did when I tried it before. I'm not sure if that one relates to ting/dong jin specifically. I'm actually not sure I fully understand anything you say, but it's sure been enlightening to try....

Yes, you were the only one to try it back then - as you've done with most of the exercises I've written about over these 10, and more, years. But, I was genuinely hoping one of the participants in this thread would lay it out in a way that can be directly accessed simply and objectively with a common, shared "aha" experience.

I had something other than the beam drill in mind, but it'd be nice to give others a chance to throw us all a bone, as it were.
BruceP
Great Old One

Re: Ting and Dong and silent sounds

Postby everything on Thu May 11, 2023 6:26 pm

Quigga wrote:Depends on whether you use Qi to move your body or use your body to move Qi

One is a trap, the other a stepping stone

Depends on how much energy you can safely lock into your body without burning a fuse, losing it again, becoming overwhelmed

If you relax the pelvic floor too much you lose everything again and again

Not talking strictly about ejaculating here

Too tight and you just got a broom stick up your arse, i.e. being uptight and no fun to be around

Also when it's too loose you're very vulnerable to fear and others projecting their energy thoughts emotion onto you

So just the right amount of stability required

A small stream may turn into a river into the Yangtze eventually, with long long time

I'm somewhere between stream and river, maybe

Animals like to eat other animals by biting the perineum and ripping it up to get the organs asap

Food for thought lol

Always send the excess out the arms without effecting others around you

Too much through the head will make you go cray cray

Thanks for the food
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan