Shanzhaiquan Set

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Shanzhaiquan Set

Postby MaartenSFS on Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:42 pm

I’ve been away for a while, with injuries, the birth of my daughter and a big move, amongst other things getting in the way. This is something that I’ve been working on for quite a while and finally feel happy with it. It’s the core set of Shanzhaiquan and is composed of eight animal forms that can be used to enter or finish and eight fists, which can also be used with a dagger. I don’t know how to specifically link to the relevant Instagram post, so check it out on my Instagram, along with my photography from China (and now Spain, where I currently reside): https://instagram.com/maartensfs?igshid ... VlNDQ5Yg==

Edit: Link to post on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1033031516

Edit: I just found out that my Master may be moving to Europe later this year! Can’t wait!
Last edited by MaartenSFS on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Re: Shanzhaiquan Set

Postby everything on Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:51 pm

looking good! ... and wow those locations and photos are looking amazing! congrats on your daughter's birth, the move, and most of all - returning to this terrible place hahahaha.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Shanzhaiquan Set

Postby MaartenSFS on Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:55 am

Thanks, mate! I appreciate the kind words!
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan