The Internal Pugilism Of Gurjot Singh

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: The Internal Pugilism Of Gurjot Singh

Postby cloudz on Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:08 am

Appledog wrote:
cloudz wrote:I do jnana yoga and tai chi chuan amongst other things.
Someone called me a wizard and I'm having fun with it.

Ah so desu ka.

cloudz wrote:good luck with your internal
jnana yoga is not for you. But it may be for other brave souls.

You said it wasn't an invite, but it feels like one because you keep promoting it, lamenting how others aren't involved and stating that it is a pity how it is not for x, y or z people. That's all fine -- I've looked into Yoga. It's interesting, but I made a choice to do other things. Call it fate. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason. That's all I'm saying. I don't want to learn Yoga. I want to learn Tai Chi :) There is a huge opportunity cost in getting "seriously" involved in any one of these disciplines. I don't think it is realistic to maintain a foot in the secular world and do two things seriously. I can barely manage one.

cloudz wrote:Not sure why you are coming off this way, maybe you are offended in some way, i don't know. I didn't mean to offend you at all by my practices.

take care please, you seem like a good fellow.

Not offended I'm just wondering how we got onto the topic of wizards. By the way, a true wizard is never offended. Nor is he pleased. He always feels exactly as he means to :)

you talk way too much and show nothing of yourself. why should anyone give you any credence I have no idea.
blah blah blah
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:06 pm

cloudz wrote:
nah Bruce, I only get a little cray when I'm off mine for too long
what's your excuse ?

My excuse for what?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:21 pm

Double posted.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:29 pm

cloudz wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:I don't have a horse in this race, but Classical Yoga training includes eight different, yet related paths to Union with God, not four. They are collectively referred to as the Eight Limbs of Yoga or Ashtanga in Sanskrit. Jnana Yoga is one of the Eight Limbs.

that may be Doc
but there are 4 types of yoga, please see this article for what I was referring to. Maybe you just were not aware of , so consider yourself further educated and please read it before you go off half cocked making a fool of yourself.

Bruce: What's up with the snarky, insulting attitude! I didn't disrespect you in either of the comments you have replied to. I simply stated the traditional Indian perspective regarding the Eight Paths to Union in classical yoga study, as taught to me by my Indian Guru when I began yoga practice 62 years ago. They are outlined and discussed in detail in Patanjali's benchmark book 'Yoga Aphorisms' from ancient times. Check it out. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:06 pm

Doc Stier wrote:
cloudz wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:I don't have a horse in this race, but Classical Yoga training includes eight different, yet related paths to Union with God, not four. They are collectively referred to as the Eight Limbs of Yoga or Ashtanga in Sanskrit. Jnana Yoga is one of the Eight Limbs.

that may be Doc
but there are 4 types of yoga, please see this article for what I was referring to. Maybe you just were not aware of , so consider yourself further educated and please read it before you go off half cocked making a fool of yourself.

Bruce: What's up with the snarky, insulting attitude! I didn't disrespect you in either of the comments you have replied to. I simply stated the traditional Indian perspective regarding the Eight Paths to Union in classical yoga study, as taught to me by my Indian Guru when I began yoga practice 62 years ago. They are outlined and discussed in detail in Patanjali's benchmark book 'Yoga Aphorisms' from ancient times. Check it out. :)

BruceP wrote:This thread shows why you guys shouldn't swap your meds with each other

Case in point
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:51 pm

Honestly Bruce I wish you a very homemade submarine ride from the bottom of my heart.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:25 pm

cloudz wrote:you talk way too much and show nothing of yourself. why should anyone give you any credence I have no idea.
blah blah blah

Last edited by Appledog on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan