Nan Pai Tai Chi Gong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Nan Pai Tai Chi Gong

Postby windwalker on Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:39 am

Sun Haishun "Nan Pai Tai Chi Gong"

Explains the concept's, how and why of internal practices related to
the practice of taiji

English subtitles :)

Might help to explain what's. going on in some of the demos questioned...
Interesting take on "emptiness".
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: Nan Pai Tai Chi Gong

Postby everything on Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm

really interesting
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:07 pm

Lookin' good. If I was nearby I might sign up for lessons.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby nicklinjm on Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:42 pm

IMO I find him overly wordy but there's no question he has some interesting skills. IIRC he studied mainly with one of Wu Tunan's long-time disciples.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby robert on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:38 pm

30:11 Second, kuas pull shoulders forward and backward, then turn your hands. It's not only the hands, It is driven by the hips to the shoulders, hands are driven by shoulders. Then a spiral motion, double helix movement. During this double helix movement, we want to experience the twisting and fully dispersed nei qi twisting to reach and finish in both hands. That's what's called silk reeling hands (缠丝手).
[translation cleaned up a bit]

It's hard to argue with that.
Last edited by robert on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:06 pm

much more readable translation, thanks a lot.

the double helix, nei qi twisting part is really interesting from a taiji concept pov and an energetic experience pov imo. a sort of "mother palm". the circle he talks about with the feet as well.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby robert on Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am

everything wrote:the double helix, nei qi twisting part is really interesting from a taiji concept pov and an energetic experience pov imo.

I thought that was interesting because that's basically the way I was taught silk reeling exercises. First, we learned the physical movement and after we could move the body with connection the teacher pointed out what was happening with qi. After you learn a few silk reeling exercises that way you can turn it around when doing the form and then the qi guides the form. At that point a person is self-correcting. That took me many years.
Last edited by robert on Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:17 am

This move feels “stronger” and different to me. “Double helix” rotation feels a little strange/new. Not sure I got the coordination exactly right. I notice they always put the left hand on top.
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:52 am

Not affiliated with the teacher, organization, group,

posted for informational purposes only.

The teacher has a on line course...and other videos which might help to clear up questions..

The European Tai Chi Cultural Communication Center is dedicated to the dissemination of traditional Chinese culture such as Tai Chi, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Sinology overseas. Welcome to the "One Tai Chi a Week" channel of the European Tai Chi Cultural Communication Center. In this channel you can find the wonderful public lectures brought to us by the world's top Tai Chi masters, TCM scholars, and Sinology masters.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:42 pm

Do you really want to learn kung fu?
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:21 am

Appledog wrote:Do you really want to learn kung fu?

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:00 am

the foundation is difficult/powerful enough. perhaps we can really say it's everything. hence "the mother palm" concept.
everything
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan