Morning Routine

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Morning Routine

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:59 am

Chris McKinley wrote:Wake up, think of the dumbshits who think doing something in the morning before their bodies are physiologically revved up for the day is somehow magically better than doing it when they could devote full resources to it, smile....drift back to sleep. :P

Well, it is a nice way to wake up: meditation then joint rotations. Also, revising some stuff in the morning programs the body/mind to reference it later, should it be needed. That's why I do rolls and various kinetic chains with the legs, especially in winter time as well some covering-and-counter stuff.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:What can you do? Do you know anything about design engineering or architecture?

Not in the traditional sense, but fort building with sheets and sofa cushions is a specialty. :) I used to work Information Technology, but don't want to do that again because of the stress and time on the computer.

To keep it on topic, when I do my routine, it's just getting up between 5:30 and 6, doing 5 minutes of simple warm-ups like arm rotations, an hour of taiji long form, an hour of non-martial qigong, and about 15 minutes of simple exercises for the upper body like pull-ups.
Michael

Postby Walk the Torque on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Wake up exactly 3.50am, grab bag and catch 4.10 train to work.................arrive 5.00am turn on sauna.

Morning swim/running in water/practice palm strikes in water; get out of pool 5.40am, dry off and get dressed. Stick wet towel and swim shorts in sauna to dry. Go for morning practice.

One Yang style tai ji form.
Walk circle
Bagua forms till 6.40am
Sit 10-20 mins
Shower , dress, work.
eat breakfast at desk.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:51 am

4.30 -oppening of the one eye-
wow
men, is dark and cold out there and
blow jab unavalible at present ....
so
return to yoga dream practise...

...ask me in spring time then

seriously,-
mandatory:
-8brocades in bed
-some yoga + one leg ZZ

if wheather is ok.:
accumulating and circulating outside

biking to work
8brocades in standing + 21 breaths yang style
and
we are close to the noon!
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:11 am

"blow jab"? Sounds painful.... ! ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:22 am

GrahamB wrote:"blow jab"? Sounds painful.... ! ;D

Dats what is call when you get punch in da mouf. :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 pm

i think a blow jab is what happens when you punch a hillbilly's sister in the jaw.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:47 am

-thx-
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 am

not
as bad
as it sounds
if
biting is done carefully

:-*

-argh-

-nuke-
Last edited by wiesiek on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby mrtoes on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:36 am

Walk the Torque wrote:Wake up exactly 3.50am, grab bag and catch 4.10 train to work.................arrive 5.00am turn on sauna.

Morning swim/running in water/practice palm strikes in water; get out of pool 5.40am, dry off and get dressed. Stick wet towel and swim shorts in sauna to dry. Go for morning practice.

Walk circle
Bagua forms till 6.40am
Sit 10-20 mins
Shower , dress, work.
eat breakfast at desk.

Sounds sweet! Are you working at a hotel now? I have a mental image of you doing zhang zhuang on the train to work...

I started practising in the mornings a few weeks ago as I found I wasn't getting the time/too easy to make excuses in the evenings. I thought I would be waking up and doing endless lines of fire to wake up, but actually turned out to be much slower, standing, chi gung, santi and circle walking with a bit of forms at the end. It's a nice time to practise.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Daniel on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 am

Am currently in a cycle of healing my system. Did too much Xingyi-related things lately, and now start the mornings with doing a very yin qigong slowly allowing that to balance too much yang and high stress.

I practice a lot more during the rest of the day, but mornings are currently reprogramming for yin and healing. Very nice.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:14 pm

mrtoes wrote:
Walk the Torque wrote:Wake up exactly 3.50am, grab bag and catch 4.10 train to work.................arrive 5.00am turn on sauna.

Walk circle
Bagua forms till 6.40am
Sit 10-20 mins
Shower , dress, work.
eat breakfast at desk.

Sounds sweet! Are you working at a hotel now? I have a mental image of you doing zhang zhuang on the train to work...

No; building manager of forty story residential block. Very sweet gig ;D The facilities at that time in the morning is like having my own training camp.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan