Morning Routine

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Morning Routine

Postby fuga on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 pm

For about 10 years, I had a regular morning routine of jibengong and forms training. During the last three months or so, I have moved to an afternoon/ evening routine - some jibengong, but mostly conditioning (sledgehammers, clubs, push ups, pull ups, and cardio) and grappling classes. Part of the reason for the change (in addition to the desire for more regular partner work) was that my daughter started kindergarten this fall and it seems like mornings have suddenly gotten a lot shorter (breakfast, lunch making, daily wardrobe dilemmas, and cat herding).
fuga
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm

lindun wrote:my morning routine

first thing
getting a blowjob

second thing
getting a back rub

third
taking a hot shower

after that I'm ready for the day.

I hope you are also taking the day off work and eating a steak or two.... ;)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm

up at 5. make coffee, wake up the teenager. shower, brush teeth, pour coffee. get dressed, pry wife out of bed with crowbar, pry 7 year old out of bed with crowbar. make breakfast and everyone's lunches as i drink coffee. take a dump. out the door between 6:20 and 6:30 for journey to drop kids off for school and go to work.
sleep in weekends--no routine needed.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Good God. When do you people sleep? ???
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:05 pm

6:00am wake up, get up, be quiet so as to not wake the wife.

6:02am pee

6:05am have some water

6:06am give the dog a cookie with some peanut butter on it, just a little bit. Give the cat a munchy treat.

6:08am, let dog go have a pee

6:10am wash up get dressed

6:15am let dog back in, pat his head a little, tell him he's a good boy, smile at him.

6:20am kiss the wife while she sleeps, get my watch on and check that my phone is charged.

6:25 head downstairs, give the other 2 cats a little bit of rubs

6:30 head out for the commute

7:30am arrive at work and eat my breakfast at my desk while checking email and monitoring the servers.

:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby redmund2905 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:36 pm

jjy5016 wrote:Wake up at 3 - 3:30 am.

Coffee

zhan zhuang, stretching, shi li or mo cha bo

Shower at 6 am after thinking about how I'm kidding my self thinking that
practicing this early for the past 15 years does any good.

The last part of the last sentence (I've no doubt that you shower) couldn't be further from the truth, John. You da man. 8-)
redmund2905
Mingjing

Postby Ian on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Tom wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Good God. When do you people sleep? ???

Early to bed, early to rise. Hard to get to sleep with alcohol in my system, so I try to have my drinking done by noon.

Well 11am IS, technically, beer o'clock.
Ian

Postby revolution on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 pm

ok, from the post's i'm either a fat azz, lazy, or on the right track :D
revolution
Mingjing

Postby Jake on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm

revolution wrote:ok, from the post's i'm either a fat azz, lazy, or on the right track :D

Don't forget drunk... Other than the smell of Nei-palm, there's nothing like a beer buzz in the morning! ;D
errrrr.............
Jake
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:43 pm

just try to refrain from finger banging the neighbours pets and all will be well.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Not sure if I should post my routine as I never train in the morning due to laziness and also I do not think the neighbours would appreciate the lei/shen (thunder/lightening) sounds I produce, lol.

Get up around 10.30AM, lol (I sleep at 1AM) usually.

Have coffee, go to the PC, read bullshit from a number of forums, read my emails, etc.

My daughter gets up, get here into the shower (its school holidays), then feed her (make her some toast, I cannot cook), turn the TV on for her.

Today it is 12.07PM, my daughter is going to her friends house at 1PM, so I will drop her off and come home and train.

Guess my routine is like this at the moment.

Warm-up (arm swings, open chest move, arc the chest and back, neck rotations, the turtle, arm across chest stretch, link arms behind back, twist torso, hip rotations, deep knee bends, forward bend stretch, pu bu zhuang)

1 legged squats (21 on my right around 12 on my left, repeat, get roughly 18 on my right and 10 or 9 on my left)

Mor jian/mor jian (wiping and polishing mirrors), di pan (lower basin) with chuan zhang attacks, guo feng bang (wind wrapping shoulder), dun hou shi (sit for 5 minutes, then contract and expand, deliver lei/shen), dan tui zhuang (single leg posture, hold for a minute or more each side)

Bu fa (stepping method) yi zi bu (walking the character 1) do three lines, 3rd line with lei/shen

Tao Lu (forms) Si Ba (4 strikes), Za Shi (5 preying mantis forms) shi fa zhai yao (extracts of ten methods) and wu xing quan (5 elements) if I have time, I might also have some time for the san gun (3 sticks) as well.

In all around 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

JB.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:22 am

I would have guessed from Darth's prodigious posting record that he worked from home, but all along he's been sitting in a server room getting paid for this. Incredible! :) They have any openings?
Michael

Postby Andy_S on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 am

SNIP
Wake up, think of the dumbshits who think doing something in the morning before their bodies are physiologically revved up for the day is somehow magically better than doing it when they could devote full resources to it, smile....drift back to sleep.
SNIP

Why do you say this? Armies and schools have, from time immemorial - er, or at least, since the early 19th century - scheduled physical exercise in the morning. Then there is the whole Chinese park tradition. My understnading is that if you exercise in the morning, you are loose, stretched, energized and your clock is wound up for the rest of the day.

That having been said, I personally tend to work very late, so exercise in the afternoons or evenings. My only morning routine is dousing in the shower....but I wish I had the willpower to get up and hit it.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Feihu on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:52 am

My routine varies from day to day. 8-)
I get up around 5:30am, eat breakfast, do some computer stuff, and then walk my dog up and down the hills where I live. My practice begins around 9am with warm up exercises, which vary from simple stretching to silk reeling exercises or various qi gong (about 20-40 min). I then practice standing post (20-30 min), form practice (1 hr), stretching (10 min) to end the morning session. I head to the health club for some cardio, a steam, sauna, swim, and get cleaned up for lunch. (Yeah, I know, being retired is tuff ... ;D )
My morning practice takes about 2 hours (sometimes more/sometimes less). I practice for about an hour or so in the afternoons. Then I usually practice a weapon, some body conditioning, and then cool down with a form (usually Xinjia Yilu-Erlu).

I
Feihu
Mingjing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 am

Michael wrote:I would have guessed from Darth's prodigious posting record that he worked from home, but all along he's been sitting in a server room getting paid for this. Incredible! :) They have any openings?

I worked from home for a couple of years when i first came here back in the day of "z" captions, "are you scare yet" and "flowah!"
before the whole fiasco and schism.

that's probably when the greater amount of posts were done. Nowadays, I must admit, I have a sweet gig, I enjoy it and it affords me time to have a look about the net at my leisure.

No we are not hiring. What can you do? Do you know anything about design engineering or architecture?
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan