Dai Xin Yi Quan and Xing Yi Quan (why the difference?)

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Dai Xin Yi Quan and Xing Yi Quan (why the difference?)

Postby beegs on Thu May 29, 2008 9:30 am

This is all arts, wing chun people been trying to speculate where the art focused more on infighting as opposed to long range, they still havent gottne enough evidence of the link to shaolin, etc. Arts history was mostly verbal, so I doubt their will ever be a conclusion. If you asked my classmates opinions on what our system is, i bet most would have different ideas, as most are taught differently.

jon- I will ask my teacher if the tcm theory was always their in his dai methods from the very beginning. He haS a few sources for dai material since childhood,as part of his family is from QI xian
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 pm

beegs wrote:This is all arts, wing chun people been trying to speculate where the art focused more on infighting as opposed to long range, they still havent gottne enough evidence of the link to shaolin, etc. Arts history was mostly verbal, so I doubt their will ever be a conclusion. If you asked my classmates opinions on what our system is, i bet most would have different ideas, as most are taught differently.

jon- I will ask my teacher if the tcm theory was always their in his dai methods from the very beginning. He haS a few sources for dai material since childhood,as part of his family is from QI xian

Bro you still have not got back to me regarding Spider Shape" (蜘蛛形) and Iron Balls Five Pearls Method (铁蛋五珠功) ;D

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm

i will ask,

i can tell you theirs more than ten animals in our system as well
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu May 29, 2008 4:55 pm

beegs wrote:i will ask,

I can tell you theirs more than ten animals in our system as well

There is 18 if you count, Qi Xiao Xing (white crane, cat, preying mantis, tai bird, magpie, alligator,dragon fly). Then there is lu xing (deer), so 18 in total.

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Thu May 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey, what is luxing (deer)? Not one of the shidaxing or the qixiaoxing, eh?
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu May 29, 2008 6:51 pm

edededed wrote:Hey, what is luxing (deer)? Not one of the shidaxing or the qixiaoxing, eh?

Nope it is maybe one of the most important movements in the system in my opinion and one of my teachers favourites.

It is related to Ji Bu (chicken walking), kind of, apart from you do not raise your leg high before putting it down.

It is multi directional and has lot's of beautiful changes and you can also add other footwork methods, such as Chuan Bu, etc.

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Deer..I saw my teacher doing a deer stance once...looking like a chicken stance, but with a cross-legged pattern...
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Felipe Bidó wrote:Deer..I saw my teacher doing a deer stance once...looking like a chicken stance, but with a cross-legged pattern...

It is called Lu Xing because of the motion a Deer uses while in combat, using it's antlers to spear and twist from side to side.

Maybe my favourite move, it also can be used to attack the groin, etc.

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 pm

i think most people really dont understand arts like che, as all the things mentioned in dai style really seem to be in che style, the wu xin g all have shoulder methods, as do the wu bang of che, yes theres more shoulders that i have seen so far in dai(7) but when coming from this lineage, its quite clear that che studied with dai and mastered that before creating his own method, take the che zuann motion, it is clearly a combination of dai styles-guo and zuann
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 pm

beegs wrote:i think most people really dont understand arts like che, as all the things mentioned in dai style really seem to be in che style, the wu xin g all have shoulder methods, as do the wu bang of che, yes theres more shoulders that i have seen so far in dai(7) but when coming from this lineage, its quite clear that che studied with dai and mastered that before creating his own method, take the che zuann motion, it is clearly a combination of dai styles-guo and zuann

Is this Che Zuan movement you are referring to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92iY-GLLn6o

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Coach DAi on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 pm

No Thats a specialized Zuan. I believe its this one that Su Ying is showing that my brother Beegs is referring to:
Last edited by Coach DAi on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alias Dai-BoXeR aKa Bronze Tiger
CLUB XINYIDAO http://www.myspace.com/clubxyd
Coach DAi
Santi

Postby beegs on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:30 pm

both clips have something of what i am refferring to, but su ying xy is way different tham what i learn, so its hard to use that as a reference to what i am talking about.

this zuann is what i am talking about

remeber only pieces are seen in the form, but ideas and apps are as i stated
Last edited by beegs on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby ChizV on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 am

Long it is possible to argue, studied Che at Dai whether or not. But given in given blog examples of proofs have no under themselves a basis. But whether it is necessary to speak about it? The main thing that everyone is pleased with the Teacher and style. The world to you, wugong brothers!
ChizV
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan