too much soul powah (killer intent thread).

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

too much soul powah (killer intent thread).

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun May 25, 2008 5:16 am

I was practicing my bagua yesterday at the local park and I started to get really into the practice, building up a lot of intent. After I finished my practice I was walking through the park, I felt like I could totally kill the living shit out of somebody. I didn't feel the impulse to be violent, but I knew that severe violence was an option if the situation came up. I was walking towards a guy and he even veered several feet out of my path (maybe he could read my yi?). The feeling went away after 10 or 15 minutes, but it was really wild. I just wanted to share that to see if anyone else has similar experiences and stories? Maybe some of you old hands can chime in and explain this phenomenon.

Thanks-Mix
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Re: too much soul powah (killer intent thread).

Postby johnwang on Sun May 25, 2008 5:42 am

That’s called 殺氣 Sha Qi – intent to kill. When you have reached to this level of “spiritual” development, both bad and evil will stay out of your way, and you have just transformed yourself from human being into 羅漢 Lou Han – Buddhism’s body guard or God's angler.

Helping one bad guy to go to hell is the same as saving 100 human lifes. Intend to Kill bad and evil is good deed in the spiritual development path.
Last edited by johnwang on Sun May 25, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Butterball on Sun May 25, 2008 5:44 am

mixjourneyman wrote:I was practicing my bagua yesterday at the local park and I started to get really into the practice, building up a lot of intent. After I finished my practice I was walking through the park, I felt like I could totally kill the living shit out of somebody. I didn't feel the impulse to be violent, but I knew that severe violence was an option if the situation came up. I was walking towards a guy and he even veered several feet out of my path (maybe he could read my yi?). The feeling went away after 10 or 15 minutes, but it was really wild. I just wanted to share that to see if anyone else has similar experiences and stories? Maybe some of you old hands can chime in and explain this phenomenon.

Thanks-Mix

Sorry Mix, I had to....:)
Last edited by Butterball on Sun May 25, 2008 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butterball
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Sun May 25, 2008 6:05 am

Let's get this back on topic.

I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Dillon on Sun May 25, 2008 8:39 am

This is the best thread on the internet.
Dillon
Santi

Postby RobP on Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 am

Intent is one thing, ability is something else. Seems something that CIMA is good at doing - building up feelings of "killer power". Too much solo practice perhaps?

cheers
Rob
RobP

Postby Walk the Torque on Sun May 25, 2008 9:29 am

I remember a training session where I was trying to nail the second palm; ( This is going back when I would practice 8 hours a day) where I had been training all day, and had got to the point that after training, just walking down the street I would look in any direction and be drawn to walk straight towards it. I remember this guy walking beside a bus stop minding his own business, and I just felt this pull towards him and started to move very fast in his direction. It took a sizable amount of effort to stop and prevent myself from connecting with this guy. It was pretty freaky.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Sun May 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Zhong_Kui wrote:Let's get this back on topic.

Haha, that was classic man, what movie is that from?

Jon.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sun May 25, 2008 3:43 pm

John Wang, now THAT was internal. Well said. :D
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Sun May 25, 2008 4:40 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:I was practicing my bagua yesterday at the local park and I started to get really into the practice, building up a lot of intent. After I finished my practice I was walking through the park, I felt like I could totally kill the living shit out of somebody. I didn't feel the impulse to be violent, but I knew that severe violence was an option if the situation came up. I was walking towards a guy and he even veered several feet out of my path (maybe he could read my yi?). The feeling went away after 10 or 15 minutes, but it was really wild. I just wanted to share that to see if anyone else has similar experiences and stories? Maybe some of you old hands can chime in and explain this phenomenon.

Thanks-Mix

I think that if I were you I would wait an extra 10-15 minutes after practice before venturing back through the park just in case you run into someone who reads your yi but misreads you and decides to pull a gun. ;)
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Ian on Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm

RobP wrote:Intent is one thing, ability is something else. Seems something that CIMA is good at doing - building up feelings of "killer power". Too much solo practice perhaps?

Snip snap! :D
Ian

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm

johnwang wrote:That’s called 殺氣 Sha Qi – intent to kill. When you have reached to this level of “spiritual” development, both bad and evil will stay out of your way, and you have just transformed yourself from human being into 羅漢 Lou Han – Buddhism’s body guard or God's angler.

Helping one bad guy to go to hell is the same as saving 100 human lifes. Intend to Kill bad and evil is good deed in the spiritual development path.

Was it just me?. Or did anyone else felt like a piece of heavenly poetry came crashing through the window of the mind after reading this post?.

In the words of Smoove B.: "Damn"
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Walk the Torque on Mon May 26, 2008 12:34 am

Nope, not just you.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon May 26, 2008 5:58 am

I talked to my teacher about it and he said its a very common occurrence.
He said to go be by yourself till it wears off and then go out into a busy place to balance your mind and get used to being normal again. :)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Mon May 26, 2008 7:41 am

being normal again

Woa man! That's gonna take like forever for you! :P ;D
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan