Thinking of participating in this tournament

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Thinking of participating in this tournament

Postby JuanM on Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 am

Well, since I can't fight this coming month due to a rebroken nose I am thinking of entering this tournament in August: http://www.longbeachikc.com/divisions.html. Just click on the CMA/Continuous Sparring for more info. I could maybe fight in July in MT but my wife is STRONGLY advising me not to because she doesn't want my nose to get broken yet again. Truth be told, I don't know if I want to risk it getting broken again in such a short period of time as well. So I'm kind of laying off the full contact fighting for the moment.

This tournament seems interesting, in that there are cash prizes and an opportunity to fight for a "championship belt" the next month if I win first prize. However, there are no low leg kicks, no upper cuts and of course no knees and elbows. But they do allow for the use of a face mask which puts my wife's worries somewhat at ease.

Man, if I had some grappling experience I would definitely do the CMA stuff in the future. It's basically an MMA fight but I guess for some reason they have to call it combined martial arts, I'm guessing it has to do with sanctioning bodies. One of my friends is coming back from Brazil and he's been trainig for a while so I might get him to work out with me and teach me some BJJ.
JuanM
Great Old One

Re: Thinking of participating in this tournament

Postby strawdog on Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 am

Thinking is quiet. Announce it when you've actually done it. Don't be like some kind of jack in the box announcing every fight you're thinking of doing. Just do it and shut up about it.

If you want some kind of spot light go join a talent contest.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby JuanM on Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

strawdog wrote:Thinking is quiet. Announce it when you've actually done it. Don't be like some kind of jack in the box announcing every fight you're thinking of doing. Just do it and shut up about it.

If you want some kind of spot light go join a talent contest.

;D

You're awesome Straw.
JuanM
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 pm

Well...broken noses can actually fix themselves if they get hit again. Ask Felipe. ;D
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu May 29, 2008 1:55 pm

"Thinking is quiet", I like that one!
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 pm

ouch, straw....
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan