greatest taiji skill i've felt

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: greatest taiji skill i've felt

Postby shmirsh on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks. Canada would be good actually, I have family there somewhere in or near Toronto. Would that be at the yuefei school that you link to?
shmirsh
Mingjing

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:40 pm

shmirsh wrote:Thanks. Canada would be good actually, I have family there somewhere in or near Toronto. Would that be at the yuefei school that you link to?

Heavens no!
Thats just my gig. I am far from good enough to teach anyone besides rank beginners who can't find a teacher locally lol.

Mr.Yang's website is www.internalstyle.com

He has videos and a lot of information on the sight so you can see if you like what he does :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby stan on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 pm

most of what henry wang is doing is nonsense, that is why you never see him throw someone with real skill or power,

stan
stan
Santi

Postby Ba-men on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:52 pm

klonk wrote:I still think my idea of a Taiji And Golden Gloves Exchange Day is a good idea, but no one else thinks so.

I'm new here but I think its a wonderful idea! I often spar with just about anyone who will. So do my few but respectful students....

Its funny how reality modifies theory! Isn't It?

Hence, my Yang She Taijiquan doesn't look like the run of the mill stuff.

If I had a dollar for every seminar or class that while attending....I have said to myself "Has this individual teaching ever in their life, been exposed to another competitive art, for what I'm seeing would only bring disaster and disappointment!"
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby WVMark on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:14 am

I met someone who mainly studies on the Chinese martial art side. I had the chance to push and/or pull from either arm or chest and I couldn't move him. Felt what a no-inch power release was like and got knocked back. No, I didn't do some 6 foot jump backwards from the force. But the small demo had more than enough power behind it. Best part yet was how well he was able to teach, demonstrate, and get other people to start doing. Great guy. That was the greatest taiji skill I've felt so far.

Course that was the second person I'd met who had that kind of skill. The first person I met wasn't on the Chinese martial art side, he was more from a Japanese background. Same thing as above, though -- both had the ability to capture center on contact, grounding while being completely mobile or immobile, power generation on a huge scale without windups, putting all that into a weapon, feeling either ghostly soft or like a mountain, etc.

But, it showed (at least to me -- a beginner in this area) to me that there is a whole lot of the same basic skillsets between the Chinese and Japanese arts.
WVMark
Huajing

Postby WVMark on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Tom wrote:Think we know the same person. Holds his liquor like an infant. Hits like a sledgehammer. Does battle in the summer against the tengu-mosquitoes of the central Massachussets woods with katanas he forges himself. Will talk in rapidly rising spirals of reasoning over a plate of food but once in the barn you're gonna work like a plowhorse.

8-)

ROTFL! Yeah, that's him. Although he only hits like a sledgehammer when he's working with us newbie cry-babies. He has to dial it down for us. :)
WVMark
Huajing

Postby stan on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 pm

we know who the 2nd guy is who is the first, chinese influence.

stan
stan
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan