stories about training in public

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: stories about training in public

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 am

Trick wrote:Everything from eight German-Shepherd police dogs curiously sniffing around me while ZZing, to a sad passer by lady who asked if I could help her son that had cancer, to a “business” lady who asked smilingly while stroking my arm if I wanted massage, to a camera man from the tv station that lay next to the park I was training asking to shoot me......

You mean with his camera?

When you say that to a Yank it comes out differently.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 am

Yes a big one that had to rest on his shoulder...... A former boss of mine was/is an part time photographer, as an advertisement for his business he had a slogan -‘don’t shoot me I’ll shoot you’
Trick
Wuji

Postby oragami_itto on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:57 am

grzegorz wrote:
Trick wrote:Everything from eight German-Shepherd police dogs curiously sniffing around me while ZZing, to a sad passer by lady who asked if I could help her son that had cancer, to a “business” lady who asked smilingly while stroking my arm if I wanted massage, to a camera man from the tv station that lay next to the park I was training asking to shoot me......

You mean with his camera?

When you say that to a Yank it comes out differently.

Yeah we generally shoot first and ask later so to seek permission confuses us.
Last edited by oragami_itto on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
oragami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan