Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby everything on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 pm

So many new folks! Welcome!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby pacman161 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Hello. I am currently training in Wu style taichi and am starting train in Yin and Cheng style bagua. Nice to meet you!
pacman161
Santi

Postby Michael on Fri May 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Welcome! I hope you learn a lot here.
Michael

Postby matt.studley on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello

My name is Matt. I started training Yang Tai Chi in 1992, switched to Chen in 2002. Although I have done little bits of Xing I, Yi Chuan and Bagua over the years, I'm really all about Tai Chi. And chi gung.

Used to be on the Neijia mailing list in the late 90s. Not sure that's still alive though?
matt.studley
Santi

Postby Dmitri on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:55 am

matt.studley wrote:Hello

My name is Matt. I started training Yang Tai Chi in 1992, switched to Chen in 2002. Although I have done little bits of Xing I, Yi Chuan and Bagua over the years, I'm really all about Tai Chi. And chi gung.

Used to be on the Neijia mailing list in the late 90s. Not sure that's still alive though?

Welcome.
OMG Neijia list!! It's been dead for a while AFAIK, but there are still some people here from it...
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby formlessfighter on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Hello RSF forum. I am a practitioner of Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan. I have not used any forums in the past, but have recently sought out a few because of the difficulty of practicing during COVID times. However, this forum seems to be well populated and frequented so I thought I would give it a shot.

I have also started utilizing some online Tai Chi resources for the first time in my Tai Chi journey (for the same reasons as mentioned above). I hope to find more through this forum in addition to sharing what I have found to be helpful with the community.

I am well aware of the stereotypically toxic nature of many people who behave in ways on internet forums and chat threads that they would never dare to in person. I hope this forum bucks that trend and even this request for new members to announce themselves here seems like a very good sign that RSF is the exception to that rule.

Looking forward to interacting with this community. Good luck to all in their practice.
formlessfighter
Santi

Postby taichiseeker on Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:20 am

hello, im new to the forum. i am relatively new to internal arts, 5 years into bagua and a little less in tai chi (wu style). thanks all
Last edited by taichiseeker on Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
taichiseeker
Santi

Postby tatsujin on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:15 am

Hello all! New user here...just making my manners and saying hello.

My name is Mike.

I am an old fella...I go way back on the interwebs, well before forums were a thing. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the Neijia List. I was a long term member there, go all of the way back through the Mike Sigman "wars" on peng jing. Was on a few other lists.

I have an interest in background in Chen and Yang Taijiquan as well as Yiquan. Recently, due to the COVID situation, I developed an interest in both Xingyiquan and Baguazhang.

A master in none, so my contribution will (hopefully) be asking good or interesting questions.

I actually have a bit of a lightening rod kind of questions and am debating on how to word it so I don't create any issues.

Thank you for allowing me to play here and I look forward to getting to know you all and learn from you.
tatsujin
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan