Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby Dimitri on Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi,

I'm Dimitri from Shropshire, England. I have trained Taijiquan and various other internal martial arts, daoist medicine & clinical qigong and daoist neigong for the last 15 years.

I look forward to meet fellow internal martial artists.

With palms together,
Dimitri
Dimitri
Santi

Postby robert on Sun May 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Stillness wrote:Wow, 17 years is a long time. You're probably reached a good level by now.

Not really, but everything's relative. I compare myself to my teachers ;) I have reached a point where I do enjoy working out. Being able do a few forms and all the movements seem internal without having to cheat is pretty cool. Since my teachers are overseas I do one or two workshops and private lessons a year and then train on my own the rest of the time. That's a fairly slow process, but I keep moving forward.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby James185 on Mon May 29, 2017 9:22 am

Hello, my name is james, from austin texas. I have been practicing wu style taiji and cheng bagua for around a year. Joined in hopes that i can connect with fellow practitioners and teachers of internal arts that are in my area. Feel free to reach out to me anytime would love to meet you!
James185
Santi

Postby kungfumastersinhk on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi everyone

we just started a page on facebook/instagram based on Kung Fu Masters in HK. We will be regularly sharing pictures, videos and private clips/interviews of different masters teaching and training. It is completely non-profit and just an interest project for us. We hope to share more into about the people who keep their arts alive and kicking in Hong Kong!

all styles, all lineages and no politics. Just sharing!.

please let us know if you know of any sifus in HK who can/want to be interviewed, or you want to see more of!
Giving a shout out to the many Masters in Hong Kong who keep their arts alive and kicking!

www.facebook.com/kungfumastersinhk
www.instagram.com/kungfumastersinhk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYNBen ... PZ3WA7zAOg
kungfumastersinhk
Santi

Introducing Douwe Geluk from Apeldoorn, The Netherlands

Postby Fuyuan on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:43 am

Hello my friends nice to meet you!

I shall introduce myself to the Rum Soaked Fist Community.

Douwe Geluk

My name is Douwe Geluk from the Netherlands a.k.a. Holland and my occupation is being a technical engineer and i love Salsa dancing. Since a very young age i started to practise the martial external and the internal Chinese martial art systems. Things and styles i have practised are:

Styles i have done, external to internal:

How Chuen Monkey Kungfu under Sifu Fred Decramer, Shaolin Kempo Prince Dschero Khan and Fred Decramer, Ninjutsu with sensei Jos Reinders, Sveneric Bogsaeter and others.

My passion shifted to the internal martial arts and i have practised Yang, Chen, Wudang style Tai Chi Chuan, Shaolin Soft Boxing, Wudang Qi Qong, Baduanjin, Xinyiba, Pa Kua and different forms of meditation and internal welness practises. I became a two times Dutch Champion at National Tai Chi Chuan Championships.

Eventually i became a teacher in the internal martial arts:

I started teaching at my school in Apeldoorn the Netherlands at Bron van Geluk mening: Source of Happiness i have taught a few years and need to stop due to circumstances. But now i am back teaching again and give as much as possible of the arts ive studied to my students.

This is a small video of me practising Wudang Tai Chi Chuan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Rjp4aeL_k

If you like to contact me personally you can email me on: [email protected]
Last edited by Fuyuan on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
internal martial arts a source of happiness
Fuyuan
Santi

Postby wuchan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 am

Hi, everyone! I'm Thomas, from NYC, currently in Shanghai. Starting to train again after a long layoff! I studied Yang Taijiquan throughout high school and college, but eventually dropped off and stopped training. Aside from a few failed attempts to get back into it throughout my 20s (I'm 31 now), it's been about a decade. Yikes! Our taiji training was very hands-on and we practiced a lot of sparring, various sanshou drills, banging arms and legs, stuff like that. Excited to get back into resetting my foundation. I'll probably make a separate thread for this, but I'm also very, very interested to study Xinyi Liuhe Quan. Always was fascinated by it, maybe partly because of its emphasis on basics and single movements instead of long forms (single movements were also a big part of my solo taiji practice), and it sounds like Shanghai is one of the best places for XYLHQ.

I used to lurk here waaaay back in middle school and high school on Emptyflower, back when I was first learning about CMA/IMA, learned so much. Hope everyone is well!

Thomas
wuchan
Santi

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 am

Hello all, long time lurker, finally found some time to waste some time :)

Have a quite a varied kung fu background, as we as wrestling in my early years and some army combatives from service. Worked as a LEO for a good few years, these days primarily doing security consultancy work which keeps me on the move most of the time.

Look forward to conversing with you!

BR,

Theo
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby Nahlraan on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm Justin, recently moved to Missoula, Montana. Had always planned to attend some Baguazhang classes while living in Portland, Oregon, but never had the time nor the means. Now I have the time and means, but no opportunity. So I'm poking around here now, trying to find some suggestions for what I should do. Hope to talk with you guys soon
Nahlraan
Santi

Postby denchen on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi, I'm Ned from a small village near Oxford, UK. I'm a father of three and began training when I took my first daughter to a lau gar kung fu class approx 17 years ago.
I spent five years in that school under Clive Parkinson and while I later questioned the origins of the style, the general conditioning and kickboxing/sparring element
made it time well spent.
I then moved to a school where I learnt predominantly wing chun, shaolin basics and after a couple of years, taiji . My shifu, Clive Spring is a disciple of Chen Gou Kongjie who accepted me as a private student two years ago. My second daughter, was certified as an instructor under him last year ( although has yet to begin any teaching, just starting her second year of Uni ) and became a disciple in July this summer. She has trained with him on and off since the age of eleven and began training on a one to one basis at the same time as me.
In the past I did quite a few ph competitions, now mainly just tuishou within my own group. Pretty much just concentrate on taiji now however I built a wooden dummy a few years back and still practice my wc, having trained with two daughters means I always have a partner for chi sao !
denchen
Mingjing

Postby lightingbolt on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm

nianfong wrote:Greetings, and welcome to the RumSoakedFist forum!
Please read the FAQ here before you post, and to help keep you from being ostracized for being a troll or otherwise for being an asshole. ;D
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9559

Please introduce yourself here. At the minimum, please say what type of martial art(s) you train and for how long. most people will say who their teachers are, but sometimes that's private information, and we understand. If you can, please at least say what lineage you are from. I have made custom fields in your profiles, so you can put that information there as well. If you like, feel free to add your motivations for studying martial arts, and any background info you'd like the rest of the forum to know.

Hi, I'm Fong.
I've practiced hebei xingyiquan for 21 years, yang/chang style taijiquan for 19 years, baoding shuaijiao for 11 years.
I learned originally in taiwan, and now in the SF bay area (and whenever I go home to taiwan to visit my old teachers etc).
My xingyi teacher was Benjamin Wu 吳平盛, taiji was Chen han bing 陳漢賓 first, now Daniel Weng 翁啟修. Shuaijiao from Daniel Weng 翁啟修.
I study the arts to strengthen and improve myself, to preserve my cultural treasures, to pass them on, and to have fun sparring/competing.

Hi, I'm Davide, from Italy.
I began with Karate Shotokan in 1996.
I study Yiquan (Guo Guizhi school), Taijiquan, Xingyiquan and Baguazhang (Cheng Ming System) since 2007.
I've praticed also MMA, Grappling and Krav Maga in my martial experience. I pratice also BJJ now, but I continue to pratice IMA in my home training.
My teacher in IMA was Paolo Magagnato,student of master Guo Guizhi and Master Wang Fu Lai.
I'm very happy to virtually meet you. Thank you, Greetings. ;)
lightingbolt
Santi

Postby Muddledpuddle on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi I'm Jordan,

I've studied Tai Chi, and beginner sword for 3 years with Ian Sinclair, and 2 additional years practicing material he taught me. I also have 1 year of training Kenjute with Joe Foster and Short Fist Boxing from Mike Doucet.

I am interested in learning the martial arts to improve develop my body, elevate my mind, and purify my spirit, and I would like to use it in medical contexts, such as in psychotherapy or counselling, as well as in practical self defense, which is why I like martial movies with the whole zen monk flow state bravado, with a sense of humor.

My idols are Adam Mizner, Bruce Frantzis, Ian Sinclair, Bruce Lee, Adam Chan, and Shou Yu Liang.

Currently I'm including yogic philosophy and psychotheraputic methods to help facilitate practice, because I am working through traumatic biopsychology.

I hope to meet some friends, and to share and learn with this community.

Nice to meet you :)

Jordan
Last edited by Muddledpuddle on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muddledpuddle
Santi

Postby Michael on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Welcome! Great to meet you. I hope you learn a lot here.
Michael

Postby everything on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 pm

So many new folks! Welcome!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby pacman161 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Hello. I am currently training in Wu style taichi and am starting train in Yin and Cheng style bagua. Nice to meet you!
pacman161
Santi

Postby Michael on Fri May 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Welcome! I hope you learn a lot here.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan