Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby sjnation on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:17 am

Hi

Name is Emeric
Did some Shuaijiao, Taichi, Northern Longfist, weapons, and.. San Sou for about 13 years, now i sit at my computer writing about such things i did in the past. And make websites and stuff.

Some shameless self promoting of my current project i'm working on is www.shuaijiaonation.com
Emeric
Chief Editor and Publisher
www.ShuaijiaoNation.com
sjnation
Santi

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 am

FYI, emeric was in cupertino kungfu club with me (our shuaijiao club).
Last edited by nianfong on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Coach DAi on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Greetz. My name is Sudan Jeffers. Ive been in the martial arts since the age of 10, from TKD 5yrs MT 3yrs Ninjutsu 6yrs and my core systems of choice- Xingyi 12yrs Xinyi 5yrs and Bagua 2yrs. A Tudi of Prof Li Tailiang of Shanxi Prov. I practice and teach the Xinyidao system in downtown Los Angeles and I work as a security supervisor for a major Hollywood hotel and night club. I love practicing Gongfu and making martial arts friends.
Last edited by Coach DAi on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

alias Dai-BoXeR aKa Bronze Tiger
CLUB XINYIDAO http://www.myspace.com/clubxyd
Coach DAi
Santi

Postby standingdon on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 am

Peace,
I am Don. I practice Xing Yi and Ba Gua. I have been a fan of Empty Flower for sometime. I practice in Syracuse NY and extend an invitation to anyone visiting the area to some working out and partying down.
standingdon
Santi

Postby Mike Strong on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi !

My name is Mike Strong.

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I've been crazy for martial arts since the Kung Fu Craze of The 70's

I practice Xing Yi Quan, Yi Quan, and little Ba Gua Zhang.

Taoism, Tibetan Buddhism, & Shamanism are part and parcel of my practice.

I'm not a thug, - but I look like one. ;)

I have had to ease up on my training since a big Kundalini Awakening (September 2000), and it's ongoing unfolding...

... I get a lot of PMs from people asking me how to make The Kundalini rise; so I would like to take this opportunity to say:

1. It is unwise to try to force The Kundalini to rise, - I would not recomend any form of Kundalini Yoga, - just live your life , do your practice, and make your body and mind, strong and flexible. An Awakend Kundalini doesn't make you special, or solve all your problems, - if anything , it just makes life harder.

2. If you happen to go through a spontaneous Kundalini Awakening, - and you feel you need to see a doctor, have them rule out temporal lobe epilepsy, brain tumors, and schizophrenia, ...

... and next to doctors, nobody knows less about The Kundalini Awakening than yoga teachers, massage therapists, and new age energy healers, - they will most likely only make the pain and complications worse.

3. Forget about Siddhis, and run ( do not walk) from anyone claiming they want to help you develope them.

4. If there is one book that can give you more than theories and fairytales, it is :

KUNDALINI ( From Hell To Heaven: Wisdom From The Completed Journey ); by Ganga Karmokar aka "Swami -G". She can be contacted through http://www.kundalinisupport.com She is not my Guru,( I went another way), - but she has gone through The Kundalini Awakening all the way through to completion, and I highly recomend her.

Other books that you might find helpful are:

The works of Gopi Krishna

&

If you are a Christain, Dark Night Of The Soul , by St. John Of The Cross might help you understand the pain (and the pleasure) you are going through.

Om Nammo Da Bei Guan Shr Yin Pusa :)
Last edited by Mike Strong on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Mike Strong

Postby maxashton on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 am

Hullo, I'm Max.

I do Taijiquan, and am obsessed with Jian.
Just starting training again this week, after being under doctors orders to NOT train, for 18 months.
Wish me luck. ;)
maxashton
Santi

Postby Syd on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:00 pm

G'day all,

Simon from Sydney OZ here ... I blame a Japanese TV show from childhood called Monkey for my lifelong interest in Eastern Philosophy and the Martial Arts. I have been practicing martially flavoured Yang Style Taijiquan for about 8 years now mainly within Erle Montaigues system though I have visited with other teachers of Internal systems from time time also. I am not officially linked with any particular school or teacher right now but continue my Taiji journey through my own exploration - I am also cross training my Taijiquan in another art and while I value my Qigong and the great health benefits found within Taijiquan my general attitude is pretty much heading towards Taiji via the Bourne Identity; I am dedicated to Taiji as a functioning combat system.

Best regards!
Last edited by Syd on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syd
Santi

Postby LaPointe on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 am

hello, all. my name is John. i live in kansas city, missouri. i've dabbled in all kinds of sports and martial arts over the years, but the only one i've kept up has been Cheng Man Ching TCC. i've been practicing for about 6 years (i've foolishly let it go a few times, but who hasn't?) i've trained the tiniest bit of hsing-i, but it's been, by far, my favorite of any of the innumerable styles i've tried. i used to visit the old board, but i kind of quit the internet for a while. anyway, cheers!
LaPointe
Santi

Postby Syd on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 am

The fact that the Dalai Lama ever made Segal some type of honorary Lama just blew the Dalai out of the water for me in credibility terms ... that anybody like that would actually believe Steve baby was the reincarnation of some 14th century Lama from the past is beyond sad. I think somebody needs to buy the Dalai Lama a DVD player and a Segal box set to set him straight.
Syd
Santi

Postby Danny E on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Hello all,

My name is Daniel Eckart, I am a kung fu student and teacher in Muncie, Indiana.
I began training in N. Longfist in 1979. in 1988 I began studying Ng Family Style. In '90 I started training in Neijia & Mongolian Shuai Jiao. I am currently practicing Jiulong BaguaZhang and seeking another Shuai Jiao Instructor.

My primary focus in my training had been Iron Skills, Shuai Jiao and Xingyiquan, I have recently turned my focus more toward Bagua, Shuai Jiao & Yoga.

I hope to share a lot with you all and learn as much as I can.

Danny
Danny E
Santi

Postby neimen on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:16 am

hey, y'all--

i'm john.

i've been practicing TCIMA since the early eighties. most of my training has been in chen style taijiquan, old frame . but i've also been exposed to hao, yang, and wudang taijiquan, and a very very little bit of liuhopafachuan and an even littler bit of xingyi. i tend to practice individual movements and techniques these days more than i practice chunks of form.
neimen

Postby prjb on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello,

I'm Philippe,

I practice Xing Yi (Hebei style) from at least 5 years. I also tried Bagua (Cheng style) three years ago for a couple a months. I practice XingYi spear and sword (mostly the sword). I have 2 XingYi books at home, one from Xue Dian and the other from Li Cun Yi. I have also a VCD from Shang style XingYi who's talking about spear. I believe that books and DVD/VCD cannot replace a good master. Training hard and testing is own skills on people stronger/faster and better than us is the only way to be better. I read emptyflower and keep update with the forum since I start learning XingYi.

I never post before, so it's my first post.
If you read this, you are just loosing your time : My Lite-Brite is more Orthodox than yours
prjb
Santi

Postby Muirarama on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Hello kindred. I'm Stephen Muir, living just north of Dallas, TX in Denton. I've been with Stan Johnson (of Adam Hsu's San Francisco school in the 70s/80s) for about 3 years now. I've been doing Islamic Longfist (Jiaomen Chang Quan), which I think is descended from Han QingTan, the whole 3 years: Tan Tui, Pao Quan, Cha Quan. Recently I've begun working on Lost Tack Fist (Mi Zong Quan), which is descended from Liu YunQiao. In Lost Track I've studied Tan Tui and Yi Lu = 1st road = "structure form". I've had a slight taste of our bagua, which is descended from Gong BaoTian, and I would love to develop it further if I am able.

I've also thought about looking for a praying mantis guy to teach me someday, because my arms naturally tend to fall into that praying mantis shape and my legs tend to do the extreme heel-toe pulling step.

As for special skills, I'm trying to develop a bit of an iron body. I prefer full body conditioning over just iron palms for health reasons. And of course every kung fu man should develop a few special bedroom skills, wink wink. Control of one's body, that's the goal.

My great dream is to enter into some kind of mma/cagefight/octagon/ufc thingy and show the masses what they are missing out on. Although I'm not sure how restrictive their rules really are, so it may or may not be possible to adapt my style. And I may or may not ever train hard enough to get there. My main obstacle right now is lack of people to train with on a daily basis. The drive to Dallas and my classmates is far enough that I can only do it once or twice a week, so I'd love to find anybody in Denton who's interested in any kind of drilling, san shou, or sparring practice.

I sincerely believe that the soul of kung fu is in its usage.

Peace.
Muirarama
Santi

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 am

Hello My name is Konn.

My main practice is Bagua, although I can't shake the dam tai ji off (dam that tai ji!!). I have practiced CMC, Yang Family and Wu tai ji, Hsin yi, Yi Chuan, and Lung Ta over the past 25 years. Still practice lots and seem to be improving.
The spiritual side of martial arts means a lot to me, but I am totally into the fighting.
Last edited by Walk the Torque on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Yawn.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

PreviousNext