Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby edededed on Tue May 13, 2008 9:14 pm

My name is Ed (newer folks may know me as Uatu the Watcher), and have tried almost everything - taekwondo and tangsoodo as a kid, wushu, taijiquan, karate, aikido, and bits of judo and kendo as a student, and later a bit of praying mantis and other stuff.

I currently practice baguazhang (Liang, Cheng, Yin), xingyiquan (Hebei), and a bit of yiquan and taijiquan.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby gretel on Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi,

I'm Margaret. I'm the resident granny and here with a mission to remind people not to underestimate us old folks.
I've been learning northern Wu style tai chi for about five years now. Russell (WuGuy) is my teacher and he is not an illegitimate hack!

aka gretel
gretel
Great Old One

Postby omni on Tue May 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi People,

I'm Darcy, currently I practice Hebei Xingyiquan (5y), Yangshi Taijiquan (6y) and Changquan (3y).
~Slowly but surely~
omni
Santi

Postby Chanchu on Tue May 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Chanchu- "Wu Tzu Kung Fu Jiang Shirh"*

Practice South Shaolin and Nei Chia, Mostly Hsing-I, some Ba Gwa, basic Fo Gu Tai Chi, Buddhist Chi Kung. Have practiced for quite a while now- just for health and hobby. Really got a lot of benifit out of practicing TCMA.

Glad to be here on EF Redux..

Like black coffee, beer, girls, books, kung fu, and good and bad poetry. Currently living in a Dodge van down by the river...
**I also like dogs :P

* I am Kung Fu Zombie

;D
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 12:27 am

Chanchu wrote:Chanchu- "Wu Tzu Kung Fu Jiang Shirh"*
Like black coffee, beer, girls, books, kung fu, and good and bad poetry. Currently living in a Dodge van down by the river...
;D

you forgot your love of dogs. for dinner ;D
nianfong
Administrator

Postby krisbowen on Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 am

Okay okay I will be serious here

Late 80's was all about Ka-Ra-te! and greco roman wrestling
early 90's was Judo, CQB, and guns (fuck I loves me some guns!) and a bit of Wing Chun
Late 90's early 00's all Wing Tsun
2006 ish Xing Yi
2006 onwards a mix of Xing Yi and Dai Shi Liu He Xin Yi
2007 until present Dai Shi
John Wang said ; BJJ "mounting skill" is just one of the ancient China men's "raping" skill.
krisbowen
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Wed May 14, 2008 2:42 am

Hi,
my name is Chris and I'm from Germany. I'm practicing MA since childhood. I started with TKD and Kickboxing, competed in these sports and even became a teacher in it. Parallel to that I had exposure to many other MAs. I then switched to FMA and Silat for a relatively short period of time until I discovered Taijiquan. I now exclusively practice Wu style TJQ (Wu2, see signature). I practice two versions of the style. One is Ma Jiangbao's (马江豹), who is Master Wu's grandson and one comes from master Sim Tai Chen (deceased) who lived in Malaysia and was a disciple of Cheng Wing Kwong (鄭榮光) a famous disciple of Wu Jianquan from Hongkong.

I was lurking at eF from the early days on. At first, I was primarily interested in the video section. Early in 2005 I started posting.

Best
CD
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby count on Wed May 14, 2008 4:14 am

Alright, count me in,

EF member through all its incarnations. I'm Jeff, currently living in Chicago. count was always my nickname going back to my first teacher. Before internet handles.

Training light since hand surgery almost 2 years ago. Been learning martial arts since the late 70's. Mostly with Jason Tsou in LA. He taught mainly the Wu Tang stuff but had several interesting teachers. I trained with him between '83 and 2005 when I moved back home to Chi Town.

Besides Jason Tsou I spent around 8 years with a Northern Shaolin system and 2 years Lama Crane with other teachers. Earned 2nd dan in Tae Kwon Do along the way, but don't tell anyone. :X

My main focus is Bagua and Tai Chi, but I still love my mantis and longfist. 8-)
Last edited by count on Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby Mike_R on Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am

Hi, my name is Mike and I've done Hebei Xingyi for a couple of years (also Liu Jing Ru lineage, 'sup Leishen). I have done a tiny amount of bagua (Yin Yang and Cheng). Before that, Wing Chun and lots of random stuff. Resident of Canberra, Australia.
Mike_R
Santi

Postby kreese on Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 am

Yo. I've been 'round the flowah since 2001. Started learning Feng Zhiqiang's Chen Taiji at about the same time. I did 6 years of non-competition (i.e. mostly forms, kicking shit, light sparring and breaking) TKD as a youth in the 80s. I met Luo De-Xiu in '06 and moved to Taiwan in '07. I learned some Gao Baguazhang but I've switched to Hebei Xingyiquan for the time being. Everything is starting to come together nicely.

I've been lucky enough to meet a few EF folks (and their teachers) and have been thoroughly impressed with everyone in terms of skill, character, and hospitality. Respect.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 am

My name is Steve a.k.a. C.J.W. (My Chinese initials). Been a EF member since 2001. Started Gao style Bagua in 2002, Fukien White Crane in 2006. I am a Taiwanese American who's currently residing in Taiwan.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Buddy on Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 am

I'm Buddy, but you knew that. I'm Yizong.

Was one of BK Frantzis' early certified teachers and did a brief stint in Pencak Silat Sera with Vic Dethouars. I'm still on the mend but aching to get back into practice.

I've been here at Da Flowah since Jesus was in short pants.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 am

My name is Juan and I'm an emptyfloweraholic...

Viet Wing Chun, 5 years. Idiot teacher, blah, blah. Xing-yi 3 years with kickass teacher.
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby shenme on Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 am

There are some who call me... Tim

Long time Yang Tajiquan as it comes from Tung Ying Chieh

Short time XIngyiquan as it comes from BP Chan
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.

蒂姆
shenme
Mingjing

Postby josh on Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 am

I'm Josh, started doing TCMA in 1997 (Gu Ruzhang lineage of Northern Shaolin), and since living in Beijing in 2005 I've been mainly focusing on Baiyuan tongbei (from Li Zhanhua) and a little Cheng bagua that I picked up from Liu Jingru.
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan