Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby nianfong on Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 pm

shakezula the mike rulah the old schoolah?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Martin on Wed May 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey,

My name's my name. MA for about 13 years now. Moved to China in 2002 and have been training xinyi liuhe quan from Qian Zhaohong ever since. Back in the UK since 2004.

I also train beer. Ask Yusuf :)
Martin
Great Old One

Postby juz on Thu May 22, 2008 3:33 am

hi my name's not bruce and I do eat fish. If I eat milk products then you might smell me coming, but lager really is the only way to go. Time is being eaten up at an alarming rate by acquiring finacial credits and spawning...I have spawned one boylet and all being well my wife will drop offspring#2 in January, albeit in the delights of a sproghaus somewhere in melbourne
...I still try and find time to study Chen (new frame), but it seems xinjia is NON-EXISTENT in Melbourne..I have previouosly studied Fujian White Crane and got plenty of hands-on working with adult psychiatric patients and Older teenagers with conduct-disorders (and some that were just plain f*****g mean)...I will not be doing any of that in a hurry again and consequently from now on will only be getting stabbed/headbutted/headbitten/swung at with large bits of wood as a hobby and not for a living.....NEXT!
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Postby Martin on Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Tom, yes - manifesting through my physical movements after imbibing it :)
Martin
Great Old One

Postby Relic on Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Hello, my name is René, I am from Denmark.

I started Kendo in late 1999 and though I have been very low on activity for the past two years I still consider myself a practicioner of that.
I moved to London this May to pursue Xing Yi (never tried it before), and have just had my first lesson tonight with Paul Whitrod. So far I have set aside just over six months in London, in the hope that I can go home with some basics to maintain and then I will take a status from there. If interest stays with me I will get in touch with others in Denmark (unfortunately some way from my home) and visit them occasionally, or I will find other places to go for the occasional check-up.
Or, who knows, I might decide to move to England. :-)
Relic
Santi

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri May 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Relic:

Welcome to the forum.

If in the 6 months you are staying in England you learn the Five Elements, you'll have enough material to last you for ages :D

Enjoy.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Jarek on Sat May 24, 2008 2:34 am

Jarek
Great Old One

Postby Jarek on Sat May 24, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks Tom, nice to be back on the board again.
Jarek
Great Old One

Postby Roll Back on Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello, my name is Troy Walzak. I am a Zhao Bao He style Taiji guy. My teacher is Master Zhao Wilson who is a a student of Master Yao who is a student of Master Liu Rui. I've been reading EF since 01' and signed on in 03'. With that said it is very interesting to hear the many different perspectives on developing internal martial arts. When do I post, my main goal is to share the Zhao Bao He style's perspective and methods of practicing internal martial arts.
Last edited by Roll Back on Mon May 26, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Back
Santi

Postby cdobe on Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 am

Roll Back wrote: I've been reading EF since 91' and signed on in 93'.

I thought eF was established around 99 or 2000 ???
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Roll Back on Mon May 26, 2008 8:21 am

cdobe wrote:
Roll Back wrote: I've been reading EF since 91' and signed on in 93'.

I thought eF was established around 99 or 2000 ???

Wow! and Whoops! I meant 2001" and 03". I was posting on another board at the same time and we were discussing things that took place in the 90's.
Roll Back
Santi

Introduction

Postby iamjonathan on Wed May 28, 2008 2:25 am

I missed this topic after I registered . . .

My name is Jonathan. I'm a teacher in China. 33 years old. I've been around Asia for the past 9 years. 3 in India, 4 in Thailand, 1 in Korea, and now South China.

I don't have a strong traditional martial arts c.v. . . . These days I'm just focused on trying to get back into shape. My GF's dad is the Judo and Shuai Jiao coach for this province, so I've just been trying to work out with him and his team every day for the last couple of months.

My main interest is in CMA and IMA, though. What I mean is that is the area towards which I want to try to dedicate my focus.

There's not alot else to say I think . . .

I'm covered in really bad tattoos (because I *KNEW* at 18 years old that all true bad asses had tattoo sleeves).

Martial arts background is basically YMCA karate when I was a little kid, IMA leaning training with ghetto park MA's as a teenager and in my early 20's(leaning towards IMA, but nothing formal), Muay Thai for about 4 years when I was in Thailand, and a bit of Takkhun and Gumdo.

Also, at the risk of being pretty cliche and par for the course on the internet - Alot of real fighting. Nothing impressive but was in a couple documentaries, including one by Anderson Cooper before he was famous, when he had just come back from some war in Africa.

Basically not enough of anything to pontificate on any of it.

So I don't lay any claim to IMA at all, but that's what I'm trying to focus on now.

I'm a practicing Taoist. I mean I try to do xinxing cultivation and hit the local temple up a couple times a week, but you know . . . I'm not getting layed with any Mantak Chia ebook super secrets or anything like that . . .

Anyway most of what I will be doing is trying to read in the forum.

Now that I've made a firm decision to train IMA, I want to read as much as possible in forums like this, because I'm worried that I won't be able to understand certain things in training because of language or cultural differnces. So, I will probably just lurk and try to pick up as much info as I can by osmosis.

J
iamjonathan
Santi

Re: Introduction

Postby chud on Fri May 30, 2008 7:12 am

My name is Chris Hudson.

Previously:

Tae Kwon Do in high school.
Some Wing Tsun in my 20's.
Some Chen Style Taijiquan with the late Sal de la Rosa, and seminars with Chen ZhengLei. http://sachenstyle.com/
A little TST Xingyiquan with various students from Harold Bellamy's old school. http://www.txtsta.org/cms/

Now:

Sun Style Bagua and Shanxi Xingyi with Doc Stier who posts on this forum.
http://chrishudson.net/martialarts.html
Last edited by chud on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri May 30, 2008 9:56 am

nianfong wrote:shakezula the mike rulah the old schoolah?

Pretty much the same thing goes through my head.... -woot-
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:22 am

Hy
I practised Baguazhang, and nort wu tai cih, and on wudang tai chi form. Some trad Shaolin. Now for 5 years. I'm also practising Sub grappling.
Areios
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan