Speed of Opportunity

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Speed of Opportunity

Postby BruceP on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:15 pm

TrainingDummy wrote:

Shooter,

From your descriptions it sounds like the process is very intuitive on your part and difficult to describe without first hand contact. However I'll try to tease out the method a little further if you don't mind

Garth, very cool that you would get that. Intuitive Learning is the central theme in my training and comes from the idea that I can't really teach anyone anything. Something I've repeated many times here. And you're right that it is difficult to describe without getting so specific that the privacy I hold for my training partners isn't undermined. Anyway, natural and spontaneous is explored in a completely intuitive manner so that we can bring out what's already there. I ask myself the same question at the beginning of every training session; What can I give this person now, today, that they can take out of here and apply immediately?

That tends to keep the training focused on the attributes/skills/affinities a person has currently at their disposal. In the meantime, proper training and time spent takes care of everything else.

Bruce
Last edited by BruceP on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Re: Speed of Opportunity

Postby Bhassler on Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:18 pm

It's interesting reading this thread 10 years later on...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan