IMA study group, NC

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

IMA study group, NC

Postby Ralteria on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:12 am

I'm interested in starting an IMA study group in the Charlotte/Gastonia area of North Carolina.

The focus of the group will be to strip down the art(s) to barebone essentials, tactics, and strategies with an eye towards realistic practical application of principles. This is an exploratory effort aimed towards combining self-defense, increasing pressure, and intuitive creativity. Anyone with at least a basic IMA foundation and who are willing to collaborate are highly desired.

Though pressure will be scaled, it will be (potentially) contact heavy. However, I am looking to create a safe yet honest environment. If you've ever wanted to get truly functional and haven't had the opportunity this might be what you are looking for. Any interested parties should PM me for more information.

Ramsey
Last edited by Ralteria on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!!!! For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!!!!
Ralteria
Wuji

Re: IMA study group, NC

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:11 am

Ralteria wrote:I'm interested in starting an IMA study group in the Charlotte/Gastonia area of North Carolina.

The focus of the group will be to strip down the art(s) to barebone essentials, tactics, and strategies with an eye towards realistic practical application of principles. This is an exploratory effort aimed towards combining self-defense, increasing pressure, and intuitive creativity. Anyone with at least a basic IMA foundation and who are willing to collaborate are highly desired but nothing is absolutely required.

Though pressure will be scaled, it will be (potentially) contact heavy. However, I am looking to create a safe yet honest environment. If you've ever wanted to get truly functional and haven't had the opportunity this might be what you are looking for. Any interested parties should PM me for more information.

Ramsey

Ramsey:

Sounds great, provided of course that YOU have a sufficient experiential mastery of the arts necessary to accurately identify and fully understand the "barebone essentials, tactics, and strategies" which you refer to. -shrug-

Short of that, however, those kinds of scenarios generally become the nearly blind leading the totally blind further into the same darkness of misperception and misunderstanding regarding the end goal and how to achieve it. :-\

Nonetheless, this is only my humble, but correct opinion! Please carry on. :)

Doc -oldman-
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Ralteria on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Ramsey:

Sounds great, provided of course that YOU have a sufficient experiential mastery of the arts necessary to accurately identify and fully understand the "barebone essentials, tactics, and strategies" which you refer to. -shrug-

Short of that, however, those kinds of scenarios generally become the nearly blind leading the totally blind further into the same darkness of misperception and misunderstanding regarding the end goal and how to achieve it. :-\

Nonetheless, this is only my humble, but correct opinion! Please carry on. :)

Doc -oldman-

Experiential mastery? Hardly ;D I wouldn't consider myself a master of anything. Sufficient? Debatable depending on context. Sufficient enough to accomplish what I've set out to do, which in all honesty pales in depth and content in comparison to fully fleshed out systems and such. I'm after much more basic things.

As was mentioned in the post, it is exploratory and exploration by definition is covering ground that is generally outside of the known area. In this case doing things a different way by approaching the concepts directly and in real time. All I'm saying is that I'm sure there are people who have been putting in sweat for years (some more than just years) who do have a decent foundation and want to make their shit work and haven't had the opportunity. The group is just a spring board for that.
Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!!!! For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!!!!
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 pm

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club. Cmon man you guys know that.

Just kidding. Sounds pretty fun.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Ralteria on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:14 am

everything wrote:The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club. Cmon man you guys know that.

Just kidding. Sounds pretty fun.

;D. And yes, fun is definitely part of the equation. Tis' a rarity it seems.
Ralteria
Wuji

Return to Request a Teacher