Xing Yi Contacts in Guangzhou

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Xing Yi Contacts in Guangzhou

Postby Pandrews1982 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:53 am

I have a student that regularly visits Guangzhou for work for short periods (2 weeks at a time a few times a year).

Does anyone know of any traditional Xing Yi or Xin Yi teachers in Guangzhou he could hook up with while there?

Alternatively any martial arts groups with a good reputation with practical focus where he might be able to exchange and join in?

He is a relative beginner but very keen and I am encouraging him to look to gain experience and knowledge with other groups while he is away.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Re: Xing Yi Contacts in Guangzhou

Postby chud on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 am

I believe RSF member Michael Udel is in Guangzhou.
Try messaging him.
chud
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:36 am

Udel isn't a martial artist. You'd probably have more luck with the phone book.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nicklinjm on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm sure Michael will chip in sooner or later. Having only been to Guangzhou for work, have not had time to check out the MA scene there. My impression is that it's a bit of desert for northern styles (although of course heaven if you do a southern style like Choy Lay Fut, Wing Chun, Mok Gar, etc). That being said, your student could try to check out Rong Huafeng (荣华丰), who is based in GZ - although not exactly sure where in Guangzhou he teaches. His website is http://www.ronghuafeng.com/. Although he's more famous for his bagua (Gong Baotian branch), he also learned Che style xingyiquan from the son of Bu Xuekuan (Bu Huaxuan), so his xingyi should be first rate.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Pandrews1982 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:51 am

Nick, thanks for the info. I thought as much myself, I said to him that if he was looking to hook up with a wing chun teacher he'd have no problem.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Return to Request a Teacher