Teachers in NW England

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Teachers in NW England

Postby SJH on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 am

Hi everyone,

can anyone recommend a good teacher in the north west of England, near to East Lancashire?
I would like XYQ, but a good teacher is most important.

Thanks,

Simon
SJH
Santi

Re: Teachers in NW England

Postby Pandrews1982 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:01 am

Shameless plug but if you can make it to Huddersfield (technically West Yorkshire) on Thursday evenings (7pm-9pm) you can train with me. My school is xing yi academy (www.xingyiacademy.com) and we train a distinct type of Hebei Xing Yi based on a mix from three lines taught to my teacher. We train almost purely Xing Yi with lots of emphasis on weapons and practical methods.

I also do private lessons and group lessons by request and upon arrangement, if you had a friend or two interested it might be worthwhile for me to travel to you or you to me, I live in Bradford. Would be happy to give you first class for free if you can cover my travel expenses or get to me. We have a class on Saturdays in Leeds but mainly sparring/testing rather than teaching.

I have a couple of guys who train with me on a monthly basis in a workshop type format thing where I spend about 4 hours on a Sat/Sunday morning teaching though this is usually either in Leeds or near to Barnsley (south yorks) - fairly easy to get to from Manchester. Workshops are progressive and I give people homework, if they don't do the homework it is evident and we repeat things until they are proficient, if they've done the homework we move on.

If you're interested email me at [email protected]

I have a good friend and long time Xing Yi school mate who is based in Stockport (Greater Manchester) and could pass on his details, he doesn't have a class but I'm sure would do informal training or private lessons.

Other guys in the area I'd recommend Dave Bolton, he's Yizong school (Luo De Xue) mainly bagua but also teaches xing yi and other stuff. His bagua is pretty good. I think he still posts on this forum. He's based in south Manchester I think.

Chris Lomas is also in the area, never met Chris but he used to post here too, into Iron palm/body training but has xing yi from James McNeil I believe.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:43 am

+ 1 dave bolton and chris lomas ( has trained with various teachers, not just mcneil ) and from the looks of things paul too.
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 am

I'll throw in my vote for Yizong.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby SJH on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks for the replies guys - I think I will try Dave as I am actually working around Manchester
SJH
Santi

Return to Request a Teacher