Chen Taiji - BaGua - Baji -- Xian -Chengdu

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Chen Taiji - BaGua - Baji -- Xian -Chengdu

Postby kiril on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Hello -- I wanted to open topic this just to search for options to train these MAs in a big city like Xian or Chengdu where is more preserved the traidtional chinese culture and also there are many options to go to an University to learn the language because these are my 2 things on the list -- pls excuse me if this has already been discussed --
I will appreciate any info and opinions on whether there are
1. good masters/instructors to go to study from /more traditional - old school gongfu/
2. good universities to go to study the language /I fugere a 2 year program is enough to be fluent in chinese/
3. and if these cities are really more preserved as I have been in Beijing and Shanghai but they are megapolises

pls excuse me if the questions and asssumptions here expressed and requested look stupid to you -- I just want to gather more info and views from people who lived and trained there.. all the best!
kiril
Santi

Re: Chen Taiji - BaGua - Baji -- Xian -Chengdu

Postby edededed on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Hmm - Ma Xianda (baji, pigua, fanzi) is still in Xi'an, I think, not to mention Li Suiyin (baji, taiji, bagua), Omar's teacher.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:54 pm

PM Omar - His teacher has all three in Xian
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby edededed on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Where is Omar, anyway? :D

There may be some (Liang) baguazhang lineages of Dong Wenxiu or Tian Jinfeng in Xi'an still remaining - anybody know about that? (Dong Wenxiu apparently knew and trained together (as friends) with Zhang Xiangwu as well, among others.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby kiril on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:57 am

hi guys - right now in Chengdu I saw a really old guy in the Green Ram Daoist temple - really enjoyed him practicing various forms - asked him with my poor language skill and the only thing I could get was 'Tan Tui' most of the forms reminded me of Shaolinquan I had seen on videos...

anyway - I will wait more from Omar - --

however if anyone is interested I would enjoy to hear from people in China about how and where they train...

to me it is very insightful as I spend nearly 2 months in wudang and spent much time on basics like kicks, moving in postures and stretching and this is really how it works - I have read and heard that no internal skill can be trained before the body is prepared but now I got it myself and am happy to know how in reality the training process works..
regards!
kiril
Santi

Postby sinkpoint on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 am

If you are in Chengdu, see if you can find SongXi Quan.
It's a fairly rare style that is primarily found around Sichuan, mostly in NanChong, but I'm sure there's people in Chengdu who teach it.
These days they might be calling themselves WuDang SongXi NeiJia Quan or something like that. It's a style that focuses primarily on long and relaxed fajing and close quarter throws and tripping.

I'm born in NanChong and live much of my childhood in Chengdu, so I'd love to find some good SongXi Quan practitioners when I ever get a chance to go back and visit.
Last edited by sinkpoint on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
sinkpoint
Anjing

Return to Request a Teacher