Yiquan in Central Florida

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Yiquan in Central Florida

Postby Haoran on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:02 am

I've been interested in this for some time but never got a chance to see anything about it.

Can anyone recommend a teacher in the Central Florida area that would have good knowledge of this art?

Thanks.
Haoran
Wuji

Re: Yiquan in Central Florida

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Haoran wrote:I've been interested in this for some time but never got a chance to see anything about it.

Can anyone recommend a teacher in the Central Florida area that would have good knowledge of this art?

Thanks.

You're kidding, right? You'd be much better off just finding the best teacher available, regardless of style.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Haoran on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Hello Dave,

Well, I have enough Bagua, Zhan Zhuang and Neigong practice to keep me busy for the next several years. In addition, as far as I know, finding a quality IMA teacher within a reasonable distance of where I'm living is pretty much impossible I'm guessing.

But, I thought I'd throw out the Yiquan request. If there is someone within a reasonable driving distance who teaches/practices I would like to go check it out.

Until then though, I"ll have to be my own Grandpa ;D ;D ;D
Haoran
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:02 am

Well as you know, central Florida is mostly a deadzone as far as IMA goes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. Your best bet is Wei-lun Huang in Miami or my old teacher in Gainesville. He does excellent choylayfut and Chen style taiji. Huang is quite skilled.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:35 am

Haoran wrote:Hello Dave,

Well, I have enough Bagua, Zhan Zhuang and Neigong practice to keep me busy for the next several years. In addition, as far as I know, finding a quality IMA teacher within a reasonable distance of where I'm living is pretty much impossible I'm guessing.

If so, learning yiquan would only give you even more zhanzhuang postures (are you sure you want that?) :D
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Haoran on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:Well as you know, central Florida is mostly a deadzone as far as IMA goes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. Your best bet is Wei-lun Huang in Miami or my old teacher in Gainesville. He does excellent choylayfut and Chen style taiji. Huang is quite skilled.

Dave C.

Yes, we knew Wei-Lun Huang when he did exibitions in Orlando in the 80s IIRC. I was in Wah Lum at the time.

It was a shot in the dark.. didn't know if perhaps there were any recent changes in the central florida landscape.
Haoran
Wuji

Postby Haoran on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 am

edededed wrote:
Haoran wrote:Hello Dave,

If so, learning yiquan would only give you even more zhanzhuang postures (are you sure you want that?) :D

Absolutely ;D ;D ;D
Haoran
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:03 am

Haoran wrote:
Formosa Neijia wrote:Well as you know, central Florida is mostly a deadzone as far as IMA goes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. Your best bet is Wei-lun Huang in Miami or my old teacher in Gainesville. He does excellent choylayfut and Chen style taiji. Huang is quite skilled.

Dave C.

Yes, we knew Wei-Lun Huang when he did exibitions in Orlando in the 80s IIRC. I was in Wah Lum at the time.

It was a shot in the dark.. didn't know if perhaps there were any recent changes in the central florida landscape.

Believe it or not, there used to be a good white eyebrow guy just north of Ocala. Not sure if he's still there or not. If he is, a Google search may bring him up.

Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Return to Request a Teacher