Recommendations in Xian and Shanghai?

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Recommendations in Xian and Shanghai?

Postby vietle87 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:09 pm

Hi

I practice Bajiquan in Seattle, WA. I will be in Shanghai and Seattle this December hopefully (once I get my visa). Does anyone know of any Baji teachers in Xian and Shanghai?
vietle87
Anjing

Re: Recommendations in Xian and Shanghai?

Postby nicklinjm on Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:12 pm

If you are going to Xi'an I would've thought your first stop Baji-wise should be M Li Suiyin (grandstudent of LI Shuwen via Zhang Xiangwu), who in addition to his excellent baji is also v skilled at taiji and (I think) bagua. His student Omar is a long-time RSF member and sure he will chime in.

In Shanghai I know there's a group called Shanghai Neijiquan whose main teacher trained under Baji master Li Junyi (a senior student of Wu Xiufeng), best way to contact them would be through their Wechat channel.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby charlie_cambridge on Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:10 pm

Not Baji but I would recommend Patrick Kelly's taiji school in Shanghai if you're going to regularly be there: https://9cloudstaiji.com/
They might be less enthusiastic about people just passing through but for people regularly there, it may be one of only opportunities for new people to train with PK these days (he has hundreds of students with him 20-30+ yrs and is 72 and mainly focusing on those, though he has spent quite a bit of attention for youngsters in Shanghai because that's his latest/main school effort for past 10 years)
charlie_cambridge
Mingjing

Postby vietle87 on Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:13 pm

At nicklinjm, I tried reaching out to Omar, but I haven't heard back. I don't know if he's still on rumsoakedfist
vietle87
Anjing

Postby bailewen on Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:46 am

I got an automatic email when you messaged me.

Been buried in work and dealing with a toddler in the house to the point I haven't been doing a lot of kung fu lately. Never really got fully back into after COVID ruined everything....

But I'm still in Xi'an and could easily set up a meet and greet
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:14 am

Oh no, say it isn't so!

But glad that you seem to be doing well (despite post-COVID changes). Work does seem to increase exponentially as age increases for some reason...
edededed
Great Old One

Return to Request a Teacher