chen style in detroit area?

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

chen style in detroit area?

Postby gungfusifu on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:24 pm

I have a friend that is looking for a school in the detroit area, either chen style or another good tai ji style.... any suggestions?
gungfusifu
Santi

Re: chen style in detroit area?

Postby nsbach on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Rick Taracks in Plymouth (http://www.wujifaliangong.com) doesn't teach Chen style per se but he teaches zhan zhuang and silk reeling from Chen Xiaowang. One of his students studies Chen style with a woman named Han (I think)... don't know anything about her. Richard Miller teaches Chen style in Ann Arbor (http://www.annarbortaichi.com).
nsbach
Santi

Postby JAB on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:39 am

Tell your friend to move away, far far away, from Detroit. Best suggestion I can offer!!!
JAB

Postby JAB on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Man, Toledo is ten times better than Detroit, but I would never encourage anyone to got to Toledo either!

Oh, and ....... GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAB

Postby lindun on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 am

Jab....you like the buckeyes?
lindun
Mingjing

Postby nsbach on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:58 am

JAB wrote:Tell your friend to move away, far far away, from Detroit. Best suggestion I can offer!!!

Good advice. I like the Detroit area but I moved to Taiwan recently... best decision I've ever made.
nsbach
Santi

Postby JAB on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:26 am

Homie, I am from Ohio. Dad is an alum. Who the hell would I be rooting for.... Texass??? Come on brother!

Leaving Detroit is the best thing anyone has ever done. I say nuke it and start from scratch, but no one asked me.

Jake
JAB

Postby lindun on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 am

Jab,

I work for OSU, and its pathetic to see how people are on their knees when it comes to OSU football.
lindun
Mingjing

Postby JAB on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Not sure what you mean by "on their knees?"
Are you from the midwest? The reason I ask is because I have found it a waste of time trying to explain football to those who are not. Football is second only to God in certain areas of the US. Ohio is a mecca for football fans and players!
Jake
JAB

Postby lindun on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:48 pm

I was born and raised in fairborn, ohio. I have lived in Columbus for 10 years. There would be no need to explain football to me. I played football in high school. Most of these crazy ass OSU fans never played football in their life. They suck up to OSU football like its the only thing they have in life. kind of sad.
lindun
Mingjing

Postby JAB on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Bro, have you been paying attention to the economy in the midwest? Football IS the ONLY thing some of them have.

I would reserve judgement... take a look around here at the RSF and I see lots of sadness. All a matter of perspective I suppose.

You should know better growing up in Ohio!
JAB

Postby lindun on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 am

Jab

If I could I would move out of Ohio. I would rather live where you are living at. Ohio is a rather boring state to live in. A friend of mine moved from ohio to california not too long ago and loves it.
lindun
Mingjing

Postby JAB on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 am

Move. It is easier than you think.

Be careful what you ask for though... while Seattle has lots of good things going for it, it has just as many downfalls. The grass is always greener ;)
JAB

Postby kshurika on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:08 pm

lindun:

You need to move out of Ohio and come to Southern California, where the mighty U.S.C. Trojans are ...................... uhhhhhhhhh .......... 8-3.

Well, you should have moved here a few years ago.

You mean there's more to life than football? Why didn't anyone TELL me?!
kshurika
Wuji

Next

Return to Request a Teacher