Ray Carbullido Workshop Mesa, AZ March 18, 2023

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Ray Carbullido Workshop Mesa, AZ March 18, 2023

Postby greytowhite on Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:08 am

Hey guys! Ray Carbullido is in town again! I was able to get some private training in with him when he was here 3 years ago. He's structured things a little differently this time. Here is the EventBrite link for anyone who is interested. I don't know what he is choosing to teach this time around. Ray's experience includes Cheng and Wudang Baguazhang, Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu, Saito ryu Ninjitsu, Han Family Yiquan, and more. He is particularly skilled in being unmovable and has experience in Japanese Shingon as well as other esoteric Buddhist and Daoist systems. $150 for 3 hours, more information in the link below. I hope to see you there!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cultivatin ... 8478082247
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Re: Ray Carbullido Workshop Mesa, AZ March 18, 2023

Postby greytowhite on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:57 pm

I really enjoyed my time with Ray this weekend. I taught class and then zoomed across town to meet up with him after my Xingyi cousin threw me around. I only recognized Ray but there was about 8 people for the class. It was at a physical therapy office here in the Phoenix area and quite a good time. We went over really basic efficient human movement that ended up in getting everyone to do Yiquan arm swings and Bagua mud stepping simultaneously. Very cool to break it down to the building blocks and teach a super efficient and powerful practice.

We also worked on a visual interoception exercise that was really fun and very cool for most people in class. I felt like there were lights shifting and balls coming up from my palms as I did teacups with my eyes closed. Fun times and it was great to see my uncle from the Dragongate Sanctuary and Yiquan. One thought that came to my head was that he was like a Chen Changxing 2.0 - Mr. Ancestral Tablet. Ray's body is literally wide and thick, flat and one surface as he rotates. Very impressive to see the cultivation manifest in this way as he ages and puts on a little more bulk. It was good to see he was healthy and well unlike so many internal artists the last few years. I felt there was an energetic information transmission just being in his field and being able to push on him and do the exercises in his presence. Really fun and I hope anyone interested in Cheng Baguazhang or Han Family Yiquan gets a chance to train with Ray.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Re: Ray Carbullido Workshop Mesa, AZ March 18, 2023

Postby greytowhite on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:57 pm

I really enjoyed my time with Ray this weekend. I taught class and then zoomed across town to meet up with him after my Xingyi cousin threw me around. I only recognized Ray but there was about 8 people for the class. It was at a physical therapy office here in the Phoenix area and quite a good time. We went over really basic efficient human movement that ended up in getting everyone to do Yiquan arm swings and Bagua mud stepping simultaneously. Very cool to break it down to the building blocks and teach a super efficient and powerful practice.

We also worked on a visual interoception exercise that was really fun and very cool for most people in class. I felt like there were lights shifting and balls coming up from my palms as I did teacups with my eyes closed. Fun times and it was great to see my uncle from the Dragongate Sanctuary and Yiquan. One thought that came to my head was that he was like a Chen Changxing 2.0 - Mr. Ancestral Tablet. Ray's body is literally wide and thick, flat and one surface as he rotates. Very impressive to see the cultivation manifest in this way as he ages and puts on a little more bulk. It was good to see he was healthy and well unlike so many internal artists the last few years. I felt there was an energetic information transmission just being in his field and being able to push on him and do the exercises in his presence. Really fun and I hope anyone interested in Cheng Baguazhang or Han Family Yiquan gets a chance to train with Ray.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups