Cinnabar ….. online learning platform for internal arts

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Cinnabar ….. online learning platform for internal arts

Postby Tom on Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Posted on behalf of my friend Nathan Brine, who teaches neidan and Liuhebafa

Hello everyone….

...so I'm launching a tech-startup. It's called Cinnabar, and it's a place to learn, teach, connect, and transform... that's our tagline anyway. It's basically a global online learning platform. It's a place where individuals can come together to learn and share knowledge. Our initial focus will be Chinese energy arts, meditation, martial arts, TCM, yoga, lots of Taoist stuff, etc... but the neat thing is the platform will be open to anyone who wants to teach. We are working on lots of new ways to learn, teach and get feedback etc. online. It's not my platform. Any member can open a teacher page and share knowledge. My friend Scotty and I just make sure the thing doesn't go down in flames.

We will have a private launch (with free 100-day membership), which is open to anyone who signs up on the website:
www.cinna.bar

Best,
nathan
Nathan Brine 道明
Taoist Practitioner | Author | Teacher
www.nathanbrine.com
“Only the disciplined ones in life are free.”—Eliud Kipchoge
Tom
Administrator

Re: Cinnabar ….. online learning platform for internal arts

Postby Slim on Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Thanks for sharing Tom!

I'm nathan, one of the founders of Cinnabar. I'm not a very active member, but I've been around RSF since the Empty Flower days (wow already 20 years ago now).

Cinnabar is basically a project to see how far we can push the envelope of online learning. There will never be a substitute for in-person training. We need to feel the teacher's touch, and get constant corrections. But I'm curious what can be passed on. So we are developing some fresh tech to help solve some of these problems (if not teacher's touch, then constant corrections), and build a place where people can connect and meet teachers and find learners... kinda like RSF ;D

If you have any questions let me know, or if you have any ideas for rad features let me know.
Slim
Anjing

Re: Cinnabar ….. online learning platform for internal arts

Postby JessOBrien on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Way to go guys!
And Nathan, I've enjoyed your book on Wang Li Ping's internal alchemy.
I was lucky enough to take some classes with Dr. Liao in Berkeley who teaches some of the same stuff.
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups