In Discussion with Lavell Marshall & Emanuele Papa

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

In Discussion with Lavell Marshall & Emanuele Papa

Postby wushutiger on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:27 pm

Mu Shin Martial Culture Presents - In Discussion with Lavell Marshall & Emanuele Papa

This coming Friday the 18th of March 2022 I will be hosting a discussion with Lavelle Marshall and Emanuele Papa. This will be video discussion covering topics related to Shuai Jiao and Mongolian Bokh.

You are invited to submit any questions or topics you would like answered and discussed by these great guests.

(Submissions in the comments on the relevant post on our Facebook pagebelow prior to 5pm Beijing time on the 18th will be considered) - Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Mushinmartialculture

Brief Biographies of the guests:

Lavell Marshall is a multiple time national and international Shuai Jiao champion. For the last three years he has been living in the grasslands of Inner-Mongolia and studying, competing and researching Mongolian Bokh.

Emanuele Papa has studied traditional chinese medicine since the age of 15 and started practicing Shuaijiao in 2017. He is a student of Master Li Deshun 李德顺 whom he met during the time he spent in Beijing studying for his master’s degree. He holds a BA in Anthropology and an MA in philosophy from Renmin University. He’s is currently using wrestling to investigate the concept of ethnic and group identity and its transformations from the Qing dynasty to today.
Last edited by wushutiger on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wushutiger
Wuji

Re: In Discussion with Lavell Marshall & Emanuele Papa

Postby Quigga on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:20 am

Mr. John Wang, I wonder what do you think about these two?
Quigga

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:06 am

I would like to know how to develop a manly chest like they have please. Thank you.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wushutiger on Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:03 am

I would like to know how to develop a manly chest like they have please. Thank you.

Noted!
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:45 pm

But on a more serious side - there seems to be a very large, very spiritual side to Mongolian wrestling that is rarely discussed. Can they tell us more about what these strong cultural bonds that underpin Mongolian wrestling are all about?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups