FIGHT CONFIRMED DK YOO vs BRAD SCOTT — Dec 4, 2021

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: FIGHT CONFIRMED DK YOO vs BRAD SCOTT — Dec 4, 2021

Postby origami_itto on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:46 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:
... the fight itself is a joke. In a straight boxing match the guy with a 30 lb weight advantage, what like 6 inch height advantage, and probably 3-4 inch reach advantage is going to dominate. It's not even a question.

The problem is size isn't supposed to matter, physical strength isn't supposed to matter, age isn't supposed to matter, speed isn't supposed to matter -- all that matters is qi, "internal strength," the "one inch punch," etc. And then when the qi hugger loses, it's all "well the other guy was bigger, stronger" blah, blah, blah. The hypocrisy is off the chart but I'm talking in general, not simply at the person who made this comment. Yoo talked a big game and didn't deliver the goods.

Looking around at the reactions to this, I notice how low the bar is set for TMA guys: "he didn't get killed so congrats to him." Yoo is typical of many TMAists in that he has zero combinations, didn't even try to fit his style to boxing gloves despite knowing those were the rules (backhands), and didn't adequately prepare likely because he doesn't respect modern training and he thinks his TMA is so deadly he doesn't need to. Poor showing by Yoo in every respect.

Sure in a no holds barred type event where there are more options to move the game into areas more likely to neutralize the size and age difference I can buy a more skilled but smaller fighter winning. Ufc 1 for a perfect example. In the straight boxing format there's just nowhere to go. It's just a question of who can box better.

So I guess what I'm saying is that this fight proves the bigger guy was a better boxer, full stop. Yoo's delusions notwithstanding.

Personally I believe there are two kinds of people, those that can admit their hypocrisy and those that are in denial of their hypocrisy. I'm training taijiquan so I can spend more time with my daughters (live longer and stronger), maybe fall back on the self defense if shit gets hairy, and have some fun with push hands, not to become a peerless boxer taking down MMA athletes with my hobby level fitness.

However good taijiquan or other traditional arts once were, they haven't evolved in the heat of combat for quite some time, and nothing is so good it's superior forever without adapting to a changing reality. Look to any given modern ufc for a perfect example.

Combat evolves, history is one long example of advances and responses to neutralize them. Weapons, armor, and even hand to hand. Without that finding out (testing), you're just fucking around (hypothesizing).
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:07 pm

If Koo had a poor showing what about the other guy
Bigger younger taller more expierence trained in boxing
He should have done a lot better
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:16 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Sure in a no holds barred type event where there are more options to move the game into areas more likely to neutralize the size and age difference I can buy a more skilled but smaller fighter winning. Ufc 1 for a perfect example. In the straight boxing format there's just nowhere to go. It's just a question of who can box better.

So I guess what I'm saying is that this fight proves the bigger guy was a better boxer, full stop. Yoo's delusions notwithstanding.

From what i gather, Yoo wanted this format because he would have been humiliated by an MMA match and he considers himself a boxer anyway. Check this out:

Personally I believe there are two kinds of people, those that can admit their hypocrisy and those that are in denial of their hypocrisy.
Yoo is clearly the latter as are all of these TMA guys stepping into the ring. They simply have no respect for modern training and make almost no effort to even investigate it before strapping on the gloves.

However good taijiquan or other traditional arts once were, they haven't evolved in the heat of combat for quite some time
All this talk about the yijing and changing is just talk...or perhaps it was marketing back in the day. Evolution vs. a potential loss of face was apparently no contest.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:From what i gather, Yoo wanted this format because he would have been humiliated by an MMA match and he considers himself a boxer anyway. Check this out:

Well I guess it's a case of, as the saying goes, dumbass all the way down.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Awful - neither one is a skilled boxer - not even up to AAU standards for boxing. Also I suspect that Scott was pulling his punches - Yoo should have been in dreamland by the end of round one.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Subitai on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Question? What is DKY...fight experience?

I only did a simple search but I couldn't really find anything other than Self Promoting experiences or giving seminars. If anyone knows, please list if he had won ANY type of Combat sports competition. I sincerely want to know.

Other than that, sorry I'm feeling a soap box moment coming on.
I'm thinking something, I'm pretty sure we are all thinking it. IE, so called martial / arts marketer, surprise surprise can't really fight that well.

Meaning, I don't really believe what people say (Many times on this forum as well) about application based combat skills of many types....UNLESS they have actually WON in the field they profess to teach. OR how about at least somewhere in the realm of a Gold, Silver or Bronze. Or at least top 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their field. AT LEAST SOMETHING!

from DKY, Site: https://dkwcs.com/about-dkyoo/

DK YOO wrote:
I have experienced various types of martial arts, including boxing, Kung–Fu, Wushu, Judo, as well as track and field. The most important fact other than my experience in all types of martial arts is that I have met with the experts from each martial art, interacted and grasped the core of each martial art through analyzing the advantages and disadvantages. In order to test the movements, I have sparred with many people and have had combat experiences. These experiences and the research I have conducted led to what I am today.

* So unless other wise stated DKY actual combat experience VS live resisting / competitive opponents is basically Zero!

** I'm not really criticizing how a person LOOKS while competing...fighting isn't pretty all the time, in fact it's often ugly. I concerned with the results. Competing professionally, is also managing your overall health, diet, & cardio. Money/financials, family and mental stress of a fighter...lots of things going on when you compete. Not just the combat skills.

**Students challenging you in classes or seminars DON'T REALLY COUNT. Neither does "going light" sparring with other teachers. When you put it all on the line and win, nobody can say "you don't know what you're talking about".

Honestly...there are people who claim that you can still learn from some select teachers who are GOOD but have never actually fought. I kinda call crap on that, with rare exception....sorry there may be a few examples, but I suspect they are pretty rare.

=========================
I can think of a few Marketeers that are mentioned on this forum quite often. Wonder if they are willing to put it all on the line like DK YOO did?

stepping off the box...
Subitai
Huajing

Postby marvin8 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Subitai wrote:Question? What is DKY...fight experience?

I only did a simple search but I couldn't really find anything other than Self Promoting experiences or giving seminars. If anyone knows, please list if he had won ANY type of Combat sports competition. I sincerely want to know.

Zero, it was his debut. Now, Yoo's record is 0-1:

wayne hansen wrote:If Koo had a poor showing what about the other guy
Bigger younger taller more expierence trained in boxing
He should have done a lot better

Brad trained in MMA, not boxing. At 4:48, "I'm not a boxer. I never will be a boxer. I'm not good enough to be a boxer." Yoo ran, bent at the waist, punched/hugged and dropped to the floor. Anyone can look bad against someone that runs and mostly tries to survive. Under MMA rules, Yoo could have been kneed in the face, choked out, etc.

Was it fixed? How did DK Yoo survive 6 Rounds against a UFC fighter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCxcszx5GYw

From hosts commentary, “I've been in Romania for a DK Yoo seminar before. And, he talks about how you bring the power from the leg up and use your whole body. But in this situation, it is way more dynamic. It’s already on round four.” “Yeah so and again against a bigger guy like this…exactly you can be rooted as you as you want but …”

In the fight, Yoo did not use his shenfa or other martial skills performed in his demos marketing his "Warfare Combat System."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiYMUbzX_w

Focus on (DK YOO's Special match)
Dec 7, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZ1DOkQT4E
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:11 pm

I'm not sure what the point of the bout was, or what it was supposed to demonstrate. I think it's perfectly fair for someone to run away, dodge, hold, etc. to avoid getting knocked out. Survival is a valid goal. But, I thought this was supposed to be how someone (even smaller) could defeat someone larger in this particular context. So, I'd have preferred if he went for it and got knocked out -because that could happen to anyone.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:09 pm

It was a silly sparring session rather than a fight, and it proved that Yoo is just a younger and more athletic version of all those fake CMA masters.

Some sources claim that, as a precondition for the match, Brad was forbidden to win by knock out. And apparently, he's been nursing a shoulder injury which prevented him from training as well.

It's easy to imagine what would've happened to Yoo if Brad were 100% and had been allowed to fight freely under MMA rule. ;)
Last edited by C.J.W. on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:48 pm

for me it seems that there is a virus or disease that pervades martial arts, and in particular traditional ma.
its characteristics are marked by the ability of the practitioner/proponent to speak very eloquently and confidently
on the theoretical aspects of the art, but once real application is required; the theory and also the physical form/structure
crumbles and disintegrates at the first contact.

some ppl discuss high concepts like yin jin luo kong and yielding, etc. however its is clear and pervasive that many are not
able to do, what i call 顶劲身齐, or able to meet incoming force and maintain the structure of the body (of what you practice)

to me, it is clear that there is something very important and critical that have been left out or neglected in the practice and
transmission. I for one do not know for sure what the "problem" is. But i think it is certain that it shall lead to many disappointment
and frustration among future enthusiast that would choose to walk on this path.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:50 pm

He doesn't have wing chun either.

As the video states, Yoo is almost completely untrained....in nearly anything. He's simply a mess when faced with an opponent. I agree with this:
C.J.W. wrote:Yoo is just a younger and more athletic version of all those fake CMA masters.

The only thing he's mastered is social media marketing.
Bradley Scott isn't impressive here but you can tell from how he moves that he's clearly skilled and simply holding back.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:23 am

Charging money for people to watch a demo in which there is no risk of a fight occuring whilst promoting it as a fight is nothing short of fraud.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby origami_itto on Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:42 pm

phil b wrote:Charging money for people to watch a demo in which there is no risk of a fight occuring whilst promoting it as a fight is nothing short of fraud.

Wait, when did we start talking about Jake Paul?
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby aamc on Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:15 pm

It was a old school carnival ride, promoters made their money and audience got taken for a ride. Result was inconclusive which means everyone can make claims for a moral victory.
aamc
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:00 pm

aamc wrote:Had the worst result for everyone involved in that it was inconclusive.
aamc wrote:Result was inconclusive which means everyone can make claims for a moral victory.

DK Yoo lost. Brad won. How is that "result inconclusive?"
marvin8
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links