Power of Chi - Rob

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Power of Chi - Rob

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 12:49 am

windwalker wrote:haha big letters,,,

In Adams clip they were also untrained,,,,He was teaching and showing them how to do it, by allowing them to feel it....
problem ?

Rob is stepping up to the plate,,, because ?

He doesn't teach taiji, according to him, the method could be different...He taught someone as did Adam, allowing them to feel something,
question it, and then go on to see how its done..kinda the normal course of events no ?

Do you think Adam, cares what someone teaching Systema does, or thinks... Don't see him posting clips showing what they do, and then claiming its how it's done...
and its no big deal...

He wasn't teaching he was demonstrating his "chi power"

Because I have the right to express an opinion

Yes I do. And no it isn't different method

Adam didn't teach anyone how it works because, like Matt, they could learn it in ten seconds and realise it isn't "chi power"

Because the Systema world is somewhat different, perhaps, in terms of how teachers interact with students? He knows
where his money is I guess.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu May 19, 2022 1:48 am

Just shows Rob how clearly you put it some people just want crap to be true
They just steal from a fine tradition
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 4:32 am

wayne hansen wrote:Just shows Rob how clearly you put it some people just want crap to be true
They just steal from a fine tradition

Yep, exactly. It's happening on another forum too. They are talking about everything apart from the fact that Matt was able to replicate the "chi power" feat after
ten seconds of instruction. And he does the same as the guy in the clip does, because that's all it is. Mechanics.
So they can talk about my poor movement, or my lack of understanding of chi or of how some other guy is able to do this or that, or even what Ryabko does. But none address that central issue. Because it is indefensible.
Last edited by RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 am

Wow “ qi power “ :o

Isn’t everything done using the body based on mechanics

How should it look using “qi power “ :)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu May 19, 2022 7:01 am

RobP3 wrote:They are talking about everything apart from the fact that Matt was able to replicate the "chi power" feat after ten seconds of instruction. And he does the same as the guy in the clip does, because that's all it is. Mechanics.

I am a bit puzzled why people do such a big fuzz over something extremely simple and basic. And also over why people have such a hard time to understand that it's in fact something extremely rudimentary.

The first thing I always teach new students in terms of partner exercises, and always in their very first class, is about uprooting and finding that dead angle, where placing an opponent's balance point over the "edge" of their base. I teach it both against a stationary and moving partner, so they learn how simple it is. First class. But then you need to refine what you do and put it into a meaningful context, combining different principles into something meaningful and useful.

What you show is just one principle of many. And what you show in your video is only a very simple and rudimentary use of one single principle. In fact, how you do it in the video is nowhere near any kind of refined use. So your video doesn't really cover any kind of concept that could be applied in a useful and meaningful manner. I am not sure that the whole documentary could be reduced into such completely meaningless nonsense.

(Not meant that your video is nonsense. I thought it made a good point.)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 7:07 am

RobP3 wrote:
He wasn't teaching he was demonstrating his "chi power"

Because I have the right to express an opinion

Yes I do. And no it isn't different method

Adam didn't teach anyone how it works because, like Matt, they could learn it in ten seconds and realise it isn't "chi power"

Because the Systema world is somewhat different, perhaps, in terms of how teachers interact with students? He knows
where his money is I guess.

Yes you do have the right to express an opinion.

You can hold yourself as an authority
but that doesn’t make it so.

As it’s just an opinion.

Others hold different ones

Things can look the same, done by different means.
To test something that looks the same would be to have someone who’s felt what he did feel what you demonstrated.

Anyway with Adams work it’s an old story here
Some for whatever reason just don’t like either him or his work

Always found his work interesting
Just as yours.

Considering what’s going on the world it’s a small thing

Good to read your post, stay safe
Hopefully everything works out soon
Last edited by windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 7:12 am

Bao wrote:
RobP3 wrote:They are talking about everything apart from the fact that Matt was able to replicate the "chi power" feat after ten seconds of instruction. And he does the same as the guy in the clip does, because that's all it is. Mechanics.

I am a bit puzzled why people do such a big fuzz over something extremely simple and basic. And also over why people have such a hard time to understand that it's in fact something extremely rudimentary.

The first thing I always teach new students in terms of partner exercises, and always in their very first class, is about uprooting and finding that dead angle,

What you show is just one principle of many. And what you show in your video is only a very simple and rudimentary use of one single principle.

In fact, how you do it in the video is nowhere near any kind of refined use. So your video doesn't really cover any kind of concept that could be applied in a useful and meaningful manner. I am not sure that the whole documentary could be reduced into such completely meaningless nonsense.
(Not meant that your video is nonsense. I thought it made a good point.)

I don't know. In some cases maybe because it's an easy way to show you have "secret chi power."

Me too.

I know. No it doesn't. It wasn't meant to. Well, I'm only going by what the producers decided to show as a preview - presumably some of the "exciting" stuff?

Thanks!
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 7:13 am

windwalker wrote:Wow “ qi power “ :o

I'm only using their own words. "Secret Chi power."
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 7:18 am

RobP3 wrote:
Isn’t everything done using the body based on mechanics :)

;

I know :)

Funny thing is , had he demoed “it”

It would just be another point some might focus on ;D
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 7:32 am

RobP3 wrote:

If you’re just using his words, and you don’t follow qi Theroy correct me if I’m wrong.

How can you then claim that what you’re doing is the same.?

Noticed that he does it lying down. Why would he do that.
One reason might be to eliminate mechanical advantage using his frame as in your demo.

Qi is said to be expressed through the body. It can do this in many different ways one of them by making a connection.
Shown in his demo.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu May 19, 2022 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 am

Try to think about this using only logic, not some weird reaction you have. Everyone here can do really, really basic stuff. I think that's a 99.999% safe assumption.

Machida can also do basic stuff. He was UFC Light Heavyweight champion. Does anyone seriously think he's impressed by some super basic demo? Of course not. Last time I checked, nobody here claimed to get to elite sport level. No US NCAA D1 wrestlers, no Olympians, no UFC fighters. But we can ALL do easy basics. Any argument based on some premise that either 1) Machida doesn't know how to exploit a dead angle or 2) people on RSF don't know, just doesn't make sense. There is no way that premise is correct. Unless a bunch of RSF people have never studied basic MA. I think we know that isn't true.

So if we agree Machida isn't going to be impressed by basics, and something seems "unbelievable", we can then look at other ideas such as "maybe they are all paid megabucks for seeming impressed....", construct some other strawman like "people are hypnotized", or contemplate there is "something" ... OTOH, the world's strongest man guy says he wouldn't believe that, either, if he didn't see it up close. it's a strange cognitive dissonance.
Last edited by everything on Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 am

Couple thoughts

How do you explain demos where the partner is moved via open palms but no skin contact, just hovering 2-3cm above

Especially being pulled or lifted without touching - WW and others posted some demos of pushing that way too

And there are colab vids of Adam and the Martial Man, where TMM is saying he feels like frozen and unable to move - 'seizing energy' applied by Adam

So if you call one a fraud, you include the other

I like stories of past masters but everyone has their own opinions. For example lifting a chair with open palm. Only possible if everything is perceived as Qi one day

You know I'm a bit weird sometimes, but I'd say forget understanding Qi without allowing for shamanism and a radical change of what one believes to be true/real

Yin Qi / Earth / Magnet
One Qi / Human / Charged Balance
Yang Qi / Heaven / Electro
Whole Body is Dantian
Lighting don't shoot upwards
Tree don't grow downwards
Does the tree stay alive because of crown or roots
Connect, release, equalize
Still words are words
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am

We just a had small thunder storm here :-)

Clouds moving with lighting piercing horizontally looks like neurons - Jimmy Neutron

Trees, lungs, capillaries etc. You can easily see the symmetry even in what appears to be asymmetrical

Almost as if there is a blueprint or plan
'Godly Plan / Divine Guidance / Natural Order / Way Of Things'

Learning from nature is the very basic foundation of progress and growth

Emptiness is in the realm beyond Heaven, i.e. outer space. Thus connecting Heaven to Emptiness is vital. It allows for a good flow

The Way is to familiarize yourself with 'Divine Order / Natural Workings / Original Hearing' and to reconstruct / cultivate your entire being in accordance to that

Rebuilding the macro in the micro and energizing the micro to allow better access to the macro
Quigga

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am

windwalker wrote:[

If you’re just using his words, and you don’t follow qi Theroy correct me if I’m wrong.
How can you then claim that what you’re doing is the same.?

Noticed that he does it lying down. Why would he do that.
One reason might be to eliminate mechanical advantage using his frame as in your demo.

Qi is said to be expressed through the body. It can do this in many different ways one of them by making a connection.
Shown in his demo.

Because he isn't using "qi power" he's using body mechanics.

Because he thinks it looks more impressive I can do it seated or laying down too. It's still mechanics. "Be strong! Push hard!" Lean all your weight into my arm....

Expressed via body mechanics. Not some force field.
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 am

Quigga wrote:Couple thoughts

How do you explain demos where the partner is moved via open palms but no skin contact, just hovering 2-3cm above etc

Yin Qi / Earth / Magnet
One Qi / Human / Charged Balance
Yang Qi / Heaven / Electro

Psychology. I can do those too. Yes, the human body has electro-magnetic field. Do you know how strong it is?
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links