"mechanical trick"

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: "mechanical trick"

Postby origami_itto on Sun May 22, 2022 10:53 am

Doc Stier wrote:Tendons and ligaments have very little stretching capability by comparison to muscles. That's why they are easily injured when forced to move beyond their normal, limited range of motion.

As such, it is primarily through increased flexibility, relaxation and release of the connected muscle tissues that injuries to the tendons and ligaments is avoided. -shrug-

Running errands so not a lot of attention for this but this article seems to describe some of what I'm talking about
https://www.nih.no/en/about/news/news/2 ... .%E2%80%9D
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 4:20 am

Never thought about demoing it

Something that naturally came up / acted out of control when I wasn't aware enough

Calm the dragon's tail down

Esoteric woo woo for the crowd

Only way is to let it be felt - enough weird stuff can happen during sparring, no need to point it out - nor is the end all be all

Would have to give direct demonstration of this stuff some consideration and thought - maybe hidden fear I'm not good enough?

Either way, it's there when you need it :-)
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 4:34 am

Or WW - maybe I got nothing and you want to show me? :D
Quigga

Postby origami_itto on Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 am

Quigga wrote:Or WW - maybe I got nothing and you want to show me? :D

I'd love to explore the question, when can you get to Florida?
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 am

Not about who’s got what

The question was

How does one separate the mechanical advantage from
from the type of force, one says does not use it.

If they follow the idea, some may not or even feel it’s all
a trick. The question is for those who don’t

Have posted many clips of others and my teacher doing this
Use the same demos to make the same point.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 6:35 am

When I speak of demos, they’re used in a training environment for those person a works with.

The simple question is how do you show others that you’re not using a mechanical advantage to to demo a method
If once says what they do does not rely on mechanical advantage
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 6:39 am

I would say you wouldn't be able to get it via sitting meditation only anyway. The body Training is a basic requirement for spiritual progress.

Simple reason: increased neuroplasticity through feeling / becoming conscious of the physical body in all kinds of various planes of movement, states of neurological arousal / calming (what one kind mod of ours described more eloquently than I - ah it's Kelley)

I wouldn't even separate 'the force' from mechanical advantage... Why not both at the same time? What if run into someone who's better in either of those and I can't respond adequately?

If you don't show it openly, you avoid all those discussions... So just put it into one and let people be riddled

But yes, from education POV differentiating can be more or less important for different students

If I had super esoteric abilities, what point would I be proving... Careful not to get lost

---

Origami, don't know when yet. Any season you'd recommend?
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 6:50 am

As for the simple question: Dunno, am figuring out and do my best to not add to spiritual fluff / martial confusion
Quigga

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 am

origami_itto wrote:

You mentioned some type of online training with Adam...The better way would be to hook up with others in your area
and work with them working on the same things..attempting to do what you find interesting....

Or just look at what others do and see if one can do it...as Rob, did and then decide if one feels its the same,,,
it may or may not be :)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 7:04 am

Quigga wrote:I

I wouldn't even separate 'the force' from mechanical advantage... Why not both at the same time?

What if run into someone who's better in either of those and I can't respond adequately?

It's called training, not competing or fighting...

training helps to develop a concept and then test it in a controlled setting, before attempting to use it in a live setting...
If it doesn't work or either one can not get how it's done,,,through "training" one should arrive at some type of understanding....
kinda what training is about no :)

As to "both"

lets say its a water pipe,,,, One can either use the water in the pipe to affect something or allow the water flowing through the pipe to affect something...

or in some cases use both the water and the pipe....

The main point would be how to tell the difference between the water and the pipe.....
which is what most demos attempt to do for those either following the theory, or trying to show its not done by a "mechanical trick".
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 7:18 am

everything wrote:here is someone who seems to have a "mechanical trick" (he says to "roll under") approach:
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfG8hNnocIY

and a (compliant) way to practice it for "rebounding"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ22NuvVy-w&t=199s

maybe this is "structure" or "fascia" or "bracing" or "eccentric" or "non red muscles" or something like that to some people. as a "feeder", he is essentially throwing himself out. it's not very clear to me why they are doing this. he seems to want the "thrower" to feel like a trampoline.

he says something about "train the fascia" and getting to "energetic part" later...

Would not agree about what is labeled as "fascia" as part of it, although it's his demo according to what "he" feels is going on...

Demos showing the non use of what you've outlined, in. most cases are mocked here,,,haha :)

If you follow the theory, the Qi moves , directed by the mind causes one's own body to move

If what is called the "qi chong" or qi field that thought to surround a body,,is affected
would it not follow that, that body would have to follow what is moved,,,ie the balance has been disturbed,
the body moves to either maintain or regain or resist it.

Often the most interesting in that those who do so,
often do so often below the conscious level wondering why "it" didn't work or they didn't feel anything...it must be fake ;D

There is a little more to why this is so :) not relevant to the thread.

In this sense it's not a "force" as in over coming something,,,directly...ie a solid object

What it acts on, is of the same energy "what ever" :P it is.....

As to "why" kinda depends on what those in the practice feel its for....

For those I work with, similar practices are done to develop some of the concepts used that the practiced is based on...

Kinda like what many refer to as "push hands" or jumping rope in boxing... :)

Some have suggested the jumping is something one trains to do,,,find it strange....
IME its something that one does or did reflexively, below conscious level of thought....
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 10:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 7:29 am

Hmm wouldn't it be like flowing something into something

Or letting it flow - like water against a medium rock in a water

When pushing a wall, people tend to not flow 'it' very well

Like you can't really push forward through the arms without the front of the chest becoming concave

Same as in pulling something - chest puffs up slightly

Think global, act local :-) Yeah, doing more partner work is fun. Stick to it
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 7:33 am

When you scare people the right way, they will do just what you want cough cough

A looming threat, which is half expected half unexpected. The expecting half of the partner is like the spring, the unaware half is the trigger.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am

Fun talking :D
Quigga

Postby origami_itto on Mon May 23, 2022 7:40 am

windwalker wrote:
origami_itto wrote:

You mentioned some type of online training with Adam...The better way would be to hook up with others in your area
and work with them working on the same things..attempting to do what you find interesting....

Or just look at what others do and see if one can do it...as Rob, did and then decide if one feels its the same,,,
it may or may not be :)

Oh I get around, bruh, just saying love to meet folks from the fist.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links